Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I want to install to Windows XP Professional, and My friend just recently installed a clean windows xp, and his old files were still there just not in the regestry. I want windows to totally erase all my old files than rewright so that is knew. If somone can please help it would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks Alot

P.S. I Know it has somthing to do with partioning it or not but that is the problem i dont know which option to choose, thank you, anything would help! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
to reformat, you have to back up your personal files (documents, movies, pictures, mp3s, etc) onto another storage medium, i.e. CDR's or a second hard drive. Then, you can do one of two things.

1) Use an old Win98 boot disk to boot the computer into DOS.
- type "format c:"
follow the instructions :)

2) Boot the computer from the XP Cd-rom, and in the install process, there should be an option to format the drive you wish to install on (which will wipe out all the stuff that was there). :)

If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey get a hold of a windows 98 stratup disk as someone said, but i find it easier to do this......insert the disk, then start up your machine, then you get a c prompt ( C:) when that comes up type A:, then after it switches to A:, type fdisk, then delete primary partition, and after that, create new primary partition, and then after that is done, install windows....make sure to install your hard drive, unless it recognizes it on its own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts