Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the added power from my swap and other things,Im now getting into the inside of my car.I still have a stock instument cluster in my 93 lx sadan which only has gas,speed, and temp. gauge.Would it be hard to install a instument cluster that comes with a tach...well I wont do it I'll take it to the shop(im mechanically retarted)How long do you think it will take cause you know they charge by the hour.Or would I just be better having a tach installed.O'yeah can it be done cause last time I was thinking about getting a tach the said the car has to have the tach wires or somthing like that in order to be installed.In other words try to say some stuff I dont know about to get more money out of me.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
4dorasasin said:
With all the added power from my swap and other things,Im now getting into the inside of my car.I still have a stock instument cluster in my 93 lx sadan which only has gas,speed, and temp. gauge.Would it be hard to install a instument cluster that comes with a tach...well I wont do it I'll take it to the shop(im mechanically retarted)How long do you think it will take cause you know they charge by the hour.Or would I just be better having a tach installed.O'yeah can it be done cause last time I was thinking about getting a tach the said the car has to have the tach wires or somthing like that in order to be installed.In other words try to say some stuff I dont know about to get more money out of me.
here's what you do. buy a 92-95 ex gauge cluster off ebay....sometimes you find good deals or from a fellow member here on SHO. then don't take it to a shop they will charge you an hour of work (minimun pay) for a 10 minute job. all you do is take the black trim out of the dash....should only be 2 or three screws, then unscrew the 4 screws that hold the panel in. there are a couple of harnesses plugged into the back of the cluster...just unclip them. now take the new cluster and reverse the procedure you did to pull the other one out. its very easy and is like a skill level 2 of 10 in my book.

the only issue you will face is having the right mileage show on the cluster. the easiest way to solve this.....while you have both clusters out.....look at the back of them. there are 4 screws behind the speedometer. take them out of each cluster....you will have to take the front clear plastic off to get it out, but its just clipped on.....and switch them over to the other. then screw than back in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats some good stuff.I really appeciate that.Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.