Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i just got my license about 2 weeks ago and i wanted to buy a car but i dont want to get raped by insurance companies so i havent bought a car, i was actually thinkin about fixing up my dad's 97 jetta, all i have to do is fix the transmission and its mine but i want a 94+ integra LS sooo bad and i just found one i could afford on autotrader, i need some advice

fix transmission on a 97 jetta(already insured) or buy 94 integ LS

and how much would it cost to insure an integra... im 17

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
DaPunisher said:
okay i just got my license about 2 weeks ago and i wanted to buy a car but i dont want to get raped by insurance companies so i havent bought a car, i was actually thinkin about fixing up my dad's 97 jetta, all i have to do is fix the transmission and its mine but i want a 94+ integra LS sooo bad and i just found one i could afford on autotrader, i need some advice

fix transmission on a 97 jetta(already insured) or buy 94 integ LS

and how much would it cost to insure an integra... im 17
It depends on a lot of things. Where do you live? Are you on your parents' policy? What coverages and deductibles? How much is your car worth? How much do you drive it and what type of driving? Would you be eligible for a good student discount? What's your driving record like? Etc. etc. etc. etc.

Insurance is FAR more complicated than most people think, but the only thing I can tell you for sure is at your age (and I assume you're a guy) it's gonna be expensive. There is no way to tell you even a halfway decent estimate of HOW expensive without that information.

Also, if you can only afford the cheapest G3 Integra in all the land, you probably shouldn't buy that one... it's in all likelihood the cheapest one around for a reason, and you'll just end up paying more in the end once you replace all the crap that's wrong with it. Don't get me wrong, there are good deals to be found out there, but don't just snap up one of the very cheapest ones on Autotrader because even some of the most expensive Integras are not well-maintained or well-modified if they were altered.

·
Registered
130 Posts
thats so true ..but you can always put a car you buy on your parents policy if they trust you.because no matter what the insurance has to reflect you as a driver of that car..sure your dad has insurance on the jetta but are you on th policy.if not you hit a poll or anything its not insured because you are not on the policy.or you can do what my dad did for me before i started to drive was buy the car and then its still in his control so you can wait on driving it and just work on it for like a month..he had his insurance on it and i wasnt driving it so it was good..and i still had a car i was working on.. now im 26 with no bad driving record with an old 95 integra..so i pay 213$ every 6 months :clap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts