Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,

How's the insurance on the Prelude?Is it expensice like integra or the civic Si or wrx?
I would've call my agent if i could,BUt it's sunday ><
ANd i'm going to see the car later today

thanks a lot

·
Registered
605 Posts
SpecalK said:
yes its expensive, i can get a rx7 TT and my monthly will drop $35
o yah? daym...

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
$270/month for me

they havent raised my rates b/c of my accident or speeding ticket either. although it did go up from $200 to $270 b/c i lost teh good student discount :(

·
Registered
845 Posts
i pay $278 a mo. but that is for my jeep too. both auto's have full coverage. also i had a fender bender last feb. i got screwed big time on that deal but anyways my one friends brother just bought a 2k1 base and he pays over $350 a month just because he's under 21. peace.

·
Registered
772 Posts
being on your parents insurance is much cheaper. im 17 i had liability on a 2001 turbo golf, 1997 landcruiser, and a 1994 civic si for about 500. i have no accidents or tickets though.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Shit I thought this was an advertisment for insurance again....good to see it's actually a legit question.

But anyway I think I pay about 700 every six months for just liability. I don't have collison insurance.

It also hasn't gone up because of my ticket...but I jsut got another one and am trying to avoid getting the points-do you guys think the insurance company will notice this second ticket?

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
i pay mine yearly and it was 1700 (full coverage) last time i paid it....not too bad for what my driving record use to be...

·
Registered
75 Posts
$441.50 a month. thats with 1 wreck and 1 speeding ticket. and im only 20. it was $280 before the wreck and speeding ticket. it went up $160 because my parents kicked me off of their policy becuase my record was causing their insurance to go up.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
fj_atiyeh said:
$441.50 a month. thats with 1 wreck and 1 speeding ticket. and im only 20. it was $280 before the wreck and speeding ticket. it went up $160 because my parents kicked me off of their policy becuase my record was causing their insurance to go up.
:wow....i wouldn't be driving a lude if i had to pay that...thats a freakin car payment....

·
Registered
906 Posts
i pay $43 a month for full coverage on my 1999

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I think rates would really depend more on age and driving history. Well for liability at least.

$215/6mo is what I pay with Geico. Got a speeding tick about 1 yr ago (right before I signed up with Geico) and then also a friend of mine driving my car crashed it(minor damage) but both incidents did not refelct on my insurance rates.

I would like to add that I have been pulled over 3 times in my car in the ~2 years I have had it. Once for going 89mph which is reasonable, but then once for 79 in 75 zone and another for 71 in a 65 zone. Those last 2 times I got off with a warning but it still pisses me off I was even pulled over :mad especially when other cars were going faster. I guess I just look fast :(

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
noopie said:
I think rates would really depend more on age and driving history. Well for liability at least.

$215/6mo is what I pay with Geico. Got a speeding tick about 1 yr ago (right before I signed up with Geico) and then also a friend of mine driving my car crashed it(minor damage) but both incidents did not refelct on my insurance rates.

I would like to add that I have been pulled over 3 times in my car in the ~2 years I have had it. Once for going 89mph which is reasonable, but then once for 79 in 75 zone and another for 71 in a 65 zone. Those last 2 times I got off with a warning but it still pisses me off I was even pulled over :mad especially when other cars were going faster. I guess I just look fast :(
Damn thats cheap!! And I thought I was getting an awsome deal. Is that absolute minimum liability in your state? Thats just unreal.

Im 32, college educator discount, never had a speeding ticket or caused a wreck in my whole life, and also drive a 97 lude and Im paying $355 6/mo.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm in Ohio so... from a website:

"Ohio's liability minimums are 12.5/25/7.5. (That's $12,500 per person for injuries you cause to the other party, up to $25,000 for all, and $7,500 for damage you cause to the other party's property.)"

I believe I have min on everything except my property damage coverage is $10,000. I have a student discount but that isn't a huge discount at all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
you guys get ripped

when i was in the US i heard about the prices for insurance and was like wth.

I am fully comprehensively covered here upto 20 million in liability covered for $800 AU a year, thats like $600 American.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts