Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Sorry dude, but your pictures are too small and I can't really tell.

By those pictures I'm going to say no because normally the newer Honda's have the IAT on the plastic/rubber duct of the intake itself going to the throttle body. Or at least from all the ones that I've seen lately.

That sensor looks like its on the block or something where the top coolant line comes into from the bottom of the first picture. It could be the ECT sensor that you have circled instead. But I'm not certain because I'm not a civic guru, just giving my best judgement by the pictures.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
female four said:
Sorry dude, but your pictures are too small and I can't really tell.

By those pictures I'm going to say no because normally the newer Honda's have the IAT on the plastic/rubber duct of the intake itself going to the throttle body. Or at least from all the ones that I've seen lately.

That sensor looks like its on the block or something where the top coolant line comes into from the bottom of the first picture. It could be the ECT sensor that you have circled instead. But I'm not certain because I'm not a civic guru, just giving my best judgement by the pictures.
:stupid it one of the coolant temp sensors

Personally I wouldn't install that module(its really just a resistor in a box), if you feel any gains they will be very slight, and even though they claim better MPG when you think about what it does you shouldn't be getting better MPG but the same or worse.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Oh shit. I toally overlooked the control module that he listed. If anything its just a resistor or some sort top regulate the resistance on the IAT sensor. The IAT sensor is a device that converts voltage into a temp so that the ECU understands it.

So depending on how much voltage the IAT is getting, the control module will fool the ECU into thinking it is getting a different air temp when its not. This in turn tricks the ECU into taking away or dumping more fuel via duty cycle on the fuel injectors.

As a result, this is a real bad way of fucking up your system, especially on a FI car. Come on, we are using FI (fuel injection) now a days because its more precide and efficient as opposed to carburators. Don't go backwards please, more forward with technology and keep the FI system properly working without tweaking it.

If you want to do it right, do a fuel ECU upgrade and turn it into a standalone where you can fully manipulate it so that it works like a champ instead of taking the short end of the stick.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
If you install this on your car your are a moron and deserve to have it on your car wasting your gas, filling up your engine with carbon, and loosing HP. Your already an idiot for buying it so you should just quit while your ahead and trash it.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
BTW, if you are still wondering, I found out where the IAT sensor is on that year civic.

If you look at the first picture you have in the link, find the oil dipstick, its yellow/orange. Then if you look at the stock air box on top of that picture you will find the IAT sensor on the right side (if you are in front looking at engine) of the box, comming from the driver side.

Again, don't do it. But I guess sometimes you learn by making the mistake yourself. What can I say?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.