Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. i have a 2002 Honda Accord Special Edition with a 2.3L 4Cyl engine. (F23A). what kind of increase can i expect to get with an AEM CAI and Greddy Exhaust? and how much more hp can i expect with just those two items?

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one guy i know at my church has a 2K2 Accord LX with the same engine as mine and he has and AEM CAI and Greddy exhaust but he claims that he now has 164 hp. I wanted to do the same if it did really give me that much hp, but now I am confused. Can someone explain how its possible that he's able to get 164 hp with the same engine as mine, yet i can only get a 2-5 hp increase? :confused: Also, here's that guy's setup for his car. Some no name springs on a stock shock, AEM CAI, and Greddy exhaust. that's all he has. His car, stock, would be a 2K2 Accord LX. 4cyl. 16 valve, SOHC. with 150 (148 because of the ULEV), this guy still got a 16 hp increase with just two mods. Is this guy lying?

· Registered
4,608 Posts
soopakrn said:
This one guy i know at my church has a 2K2 Accord LX with the same engine as mine and he has and AEM CAI and Greddy exhaust but he claims that he now has 164 hp. I wanted to do the same if it did really give me that much hp, but now I am confused. Can someone explain how its possible that he's able to get 164 hp with the same engine as mine, yet i can only get a 2-5 hp increase? :confused:
hahahhaha 164hp with cai and exhaust alone? does he have proof? did he run a dyno? 164hp to the wheels?! people at church shouldn't lie like that or BS like a dumbass

· Registered
3,783 Posts
soopakrn said:
This one guy i know at my church has a 2K2 Accord LX with the same engine as mine and he has and AEM CAI and Greddy exhaust but he claims that he now has 164 hp. I wanted to do the same if it did really give me that much hp, but now I am confused. Can someone explain how its possible that he's able to get 164 hp with the same engine as mine, yet i can only get a 2-5 hp increase? :confused: Also, here's that guy's setup for his car. Some no name springs on a stock shock, AEM CAI, and Greddy exhaust. that's all he has. His car, stock, would be a 2K2 Accord LX. 4cyl. 16 valve, SOHC. with 150 (148 because of the ULEV), this guy still got a 16 hp increase with just two mods. Is this guy lying?
This is simple. The guy you are referring to has no knowledge whatsover about CAI and exhaust. He claims to have 164 hp with those mods but do you honestly believe that?! He's going by manufacturer's claims for sure. You will NOT get that much hp with those mods, but at least your car will gain some hp than a bone stock, plus it will sound so much nicer.

· Registered
847 Posts
Yeah you wont really got a lot of power added but youll sound like you gianed a lot of power hehe. When you floor it youll think you are going like 70 when your just going 30. But seriuosly the i/h/e are the basic steps in most peoples modifications.

· Registered
236 Posts
buy them!!!! u will lose some low end power off the line, but once u get up into higher rpms ur car will pull so much harder. overall ur car will be faster. 5-6 hp to the wheels seems reasonable. if u finish the job with a better header than stock and a cat ull get alot more out of all ur mods. my car is definitly much faster after i/h/e/p/cat. also dotn forget about suspension. a good setup and rims and tires can get ur car to brake, accel, and handle better. im bout to get energy suspension motor mount inserts. they are $20 and they are supposed to help with wheel hop. my damn slowmatic hops and sometimes chirps into 2nd. go figure. anyone else have them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.