Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with adding some hp to my 94 honda civic EX... maybe some pointers on intake systems and exhaust systems. Also where can I get them cheap, any websites or anything.

thanks

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
not sure how the list is anymore, but we had SHO sponsors that had good deals on parts for us.

intakes, get the cheapest that not too cheap. just don't spend alot of money on it

exhaust, i have the apexi n1 cat back. i love it. come with the silencer so if you want to quiet it down you can. without it is kinda loud, but tollerable. the greddy evo2 is another good one. same witht he apexi WS, or greddy specII

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
rese23 said:
do all exhaust system come with a silencer? cuz i don't want it to be loud. Could u tell me what a intake manifold does?
no they don't all come with one, the one i have does. if you don'w want it loud then the apexi WS would be the better option. its deep, but quiet

an intake maifold is what you looking where the intake connects to the back of the motor. basically it splts the air up into the 4 cylinders, has the injectors on it, and other various sensors. aftermarket ones tend to be a little more "flow friendly" than the stock manifolds. was there something specific or just did that do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was just looking at the apexi n1 cat back and the cheapest 1 i found was $485. Is there another exhaust system thats good but cheaper? for the intake, is a short ram better?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
rese23 said:
i was just looking at the apexi n1 cat back and the cheapest 1 i found was $485. Is there another exhaust system thats good but cheaper? for the intake, is a short ram better?
oh yeah forgot that it is rather expensive. i had a friend at a shop so i got it really cheap.

something to consider is geting a universal muffler like the rs mag or magnaflow, and get the piping made at a exhaust shop. making sure they put a resonator in the piping. you'd be looking at 250 or less. make sure you don't get huge piping, 2.25" is the biggest i'd go

the SRI and CAI(cold air intake) has been an issue of debate for a long time. i've had both on my car and like the sri better (its aem) but the *forsaken words* APC one at wally world will work just as good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts