Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
engine is a jdm d15b.
ok so i need a new intake mani gasket cause mine is leaking.
i bought one but i cannot for the life of me get to the bottom bolt in the middle.
its a 12mm socket/wrench.
a wrench wont fit in there, my socket extion[6"] is to long and hits the bottom of the mani so it doesnt fit on all the way.
i know there has got to be a certain socket peice i need to fit just right.
can anyone tell me what i need to buy to get this job done?
thanks much.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I did my y8 with a wrench. It was hard but I did it. Is there a hole there where you can see the bolt? They have extra long wrenchs. Can you use a wrench from the bottom?

Matt

·
Registered
478 Posts
u usualy have to get it from the bottom. unless you have sourced a "p32" which has the hole in the middle.

if there isnt enough room, try to disconnect the bracket that holds the manifold up. if there still isnt enough hand room, drain the oil and pull the oil filter..

if hand room isnt the problem.. get a 1/4 drive ratchet and one of these:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
4dr said:
u usualy have to get it from the bottom. unless you have sourced a "p32" which has the hole in the middle.

if there isnt enough room, try to disconnect the bracket that holds the manifold up. if there still isnt enough hand room, drain the oil and pull the oil filter..

if hand room isnt the problem.. get a 1/4 drive ratchet and one of these:

:stupid All that sounds pretty good, id follow that.

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.