Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im curious to know if the performance benefits are really worth it to buy a skunk 2 intake manifold for my d15. I just would like to know if the power would be noticable with that and a new throttle body, or if it would be a waste of my money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vtec computers can be installed on a non vtec motor if you replace the head cant they? if im right how hard would it be to install it and what kind of head would be the best for a d15 bottom end

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
d15 = not a racecar, dont waste time and money on that one

Im pretty sure the intakes on those singlecams are the same. If you put a vtec head, then your gonna need a vtec ecu and some extra wiring. At this point why not just drop an ls or something?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright im probably just going to wait n get some extra cash together and drop a b16 or b18 in it... sorry if some of the questions seem stupid im 17 and this is really just a learning experiance car for me, but i appreciate the input

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I agree its a waste of time, if you want some performance just get a F/H/K series in there. More torque for MUCH cheaper, not to mention if you actually start building on one of those larger engines rather than that legless hampster you got in there now.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I dont know what a k-series swap costs these days, but im gonna bet that is out of his budget. A turbo LS is probably the cheapest way to go and I have seen a stock LS with an ebay turbo kit do 13s with a novice driver.

You can get an LS for around $500-$800 for nearly everything and an ebay turbo kit for around $700.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any good sites that u know of that i could pick up an LS off of and why are they so cheap arent they basically just a b18?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts