Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen/heard about the short runners in the Skunk, and Venom, what hp gain/tq for turbo cars? Something to get or ?? Just curious and looking for bolt-ons/ other ways of increasing hp w/ out boosting higher.

Thanks!

Mark

Turbo cams?
Cam gears?

other suggestions besides running higher boost for more hp and not building internals for higher boost.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Intake manifold would help alot, Venom is good, Skunk is junk.......Cam gears is also another good idea, if you have someone that can tune them properly. A standalone would also net you good #'s...again need a tuner tho.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i got venon intake manifold. it work good. at dyno 10psi=280hp at 7000rpm with stock head and low compression but they said i can hit 300hp if i fix my fuel problem so i can rev to 8000rpm

·
Registered
542 Posts
The Skunk2 manifold is good for forced induction. I have it on my setup and it is perfect for street cars. The Venom / STR / Focus manifolds are ment for high boost applications. It can be used on the street, but you risk losing bottom to mid range HP and TQ. If you want more HP with out turning up the boost I would get a full 3" exhaust, Skunk2 manifold, RC throttle body, injectors, and some type of fuel management.

·
Registered
386 Posts
sol_ryda said:
The Skunk2 manifold is good for forced induction. I have it on my setup and it is perfect for street cars. The Venom / STR / Focus manifolds are ment for high boost applications. It can be used on the street, but you risk losing bottom to mid range HP and TQ. If you want more HP with out turning up the boost I would get a full 3" exhaust, Skunk2 manifold, RC throttle body, injectors, and some type of fuel management.
Thank you and well said.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manifolds...

Thanks guys for your ideas'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts