Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 accord ex, 4cly. got a iceman intake....i really enjoy the intake but when going around 35-45 it makes a high pitched whistling noise. does anyone with a iceman intake have this problem....If not what would you suggest to check! It is really annoying! If anyone has a picture of a iceman intake installed in a 98+ accord 4cly. please post it to make sure mine looks the same....I think the wistle is comming from the heat sensor connection going into the intake! Is someone would post a pic of the heatsensor going into a intake that would be very helpful!!!!

· Registered
476 Posts
hahaha! i thought it only happened to me... don't worry about it. my shit is freakin loud; people think im pushing turbo cuz of the way my intake sounds. i dunno what causes it but go stock if it bothers you that much. =)

· Registered
766 Posts
as long as its air leaking its fine...
dunno ...i have AEM CAI dont have this problem

· Registered
235 Posts
me to.......

You know thats funny I have the same problem around 2500 to 3500 rpms it whistles when I press on the gas after first gear is over. Man it's annoying! I have aem short ram for a 93 accord.

· Registered
404 Posts
The whistling is coming from the butterfly plate on your throttle body. All F23A1/4 have that problem when you install an aftermarket intake. To get rid of the problem, the only alternative is to bore out your throttle body.

· Registered
72 Posts
personally
i love that whistling sound
my friend put a cold air intake in his B16 with the AEM bypass valve
and when that shit hit VTEC at 6 grand, it had this high pitch whistling sound
i was fond by it,
i wanted that sound but i never had it to happen
oh well its just sound

but double check the connections
if the connections are good , then i guess you're gonna have to deal with,, (use it as intimidation) :)

· Registered
235 Posts
imitidation........

yeah, I can pull up next to a supra and say I have a turbo under the hood :p hell I mind as well put a sticker on my saying, "Got turbo" and put my car in netural and make it whistle he he. Have any of you guys been a site at www.suprastore.com? sweet place for toyota supras I know this is a accord forum, but I found that place awesome. Supras are the probably king of HP in japan along with skyline they have some over 1000 and one of them has a licesne plate saying, "vprkller' its kinda cool.

· Registered
72 Posts
well believe it or not
i was driving next to a 90-93 ls integra with an exhaust
and he was shifting , blah bla bla,, this and that
it was not even vtec
so as i took my exit off
he thought he would intimidate me with his cool
megaphone blow off valve
i laughed so damn hard, i couldnt even downshift for the turn i was gonna take,
it was kinda loud ,
but then i thought to myself
he's lucky to save himself the embarrassment that he didnt get ripped by me

so thats why i told ya to use it as intimidations so guys like me could laugh , i could always use a good one

· Registered
235 Posts
I know those are cool..........

Yeah, I know those blow off valves are kinda cool though I have to admit. How the sound of pressure builds up and then it blows off. You can hear on fast and furious when he comes around the corner to race the dodge supercharger. It gives off two blow off valves.

· Registered
350 Posts
foo said:
I have a 98 accord ex, 4cly. got a iceman intake....i really enjoy the intake but when going around 35-45 it makes a high pitched whistling noise. does anyone with a iceman intake have this problem....If not what would you suggest to check! It is really annoying! If anyone has a picture of a iceman intake installed in a 98+ accord 4cly. please post it to make sure mine looks the same....I think the wistle is comming from the heat sensor connection going into the intake! Is someone would post a pic of the heatsensor going into a intake that would be very helpful!!!!
I have an Iceman intake on my 6th gen but I don't get any whistling noise. Then again, I always have my Blaupunkt kickin'. I'll try going to work this a.m. with the radio off and see. As for the 'heat sensor', I installed my intake myself and don't recall any heat sensor attachment. The only attachment to my intake (besides the throttle body) is the crankcase breather hose. DragOn is probably correct about the throttle body being the noise maker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.