Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused I just bought an intake for my car. But the battery keeps the hood from closing all the way. I want to move the battery but where would i move it to> What should I do? HEEELLLLLLPPP? :confused

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
what does the battery and intake have to do with eachother?
did you move the battery in order to install the intake?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i put it in the battery was in between the air box and the intake manifold. So it rest on top of the battery when its in.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
what brand intake? are you sure they sent you the right one for your car/motor combination?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
in your picture you used the stock hose. How didi you do that isn't it too short. Where did you get that rubber hose to extend it from?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
kommon_sense said:
Don't relocate your battery. Get that piece of crap intake out of your car. I would return it to where you bought it from. It says a lot when they make a part that won't even let you close your hood.
:stupid

why would you relocate the battery for an intake :confused. there is either one or both of two things wrong with this situation...
1) you didn't install it right.
2) you got the wrong model for your car.

·
Registered
882 Posts
orr u gotta cheap brand... i kinda have the same problem... i bought a bomz intake (ebay intake brand) for my car... it was for my car, but it didnt really fit right also, i had to modify it some....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yeah you definitely got the wrong one. Sounds like you got one for a 92+.

If you can return it, do it. And get the appropriate intake for your model Civic.

And if you want to know the difference between a CAI and an SRI check the Civic stickies, primarily the one that says "look here first".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.