Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
all I can say is that it's not a problem.

do a search on the topic it has been discussed many times.

Short explaination is that you took out your silencer/resonater box when you put that in.....the noise has always been there you just couldn't here it. It is the sound of the butterfly in your throttle rotor opening up to certain angles and the wind ripping through there creating a whistle.....I am guessing you get this about about 3200 rpms?

·
Registered
29 Posts
iceman773 said:
i just put a dc sports intake on my car and when i drive it whistles for some reason. does anyone have anything to say about my problem???

YUp i have the same damn thing u have =) mine used to goo wooooooahhhh pshhhhhh!!! lol...like a mini turbo....but then i swapped out my engine and got a bigger throttle body...and now after hitting the pedal half way..u hear a tssssssssshhhh....

so yeah..its normal..its just ur intake taking air in a certain way that makes a hissing noise

·
Registered
29 Posts
commador said:
that is cool to do. When I blip mine it also makes a huge gulp. I think it sounds badass.
lol that u only get the blip of a sound..like its choking..if u hit ur gas really quick .. like a tap on the peddal...then it does that bluup!! its like choking on air..but kant get enough =)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the same problem, but what is wierd is that my friend has the exact same engine, and the exact same AEM induction kit, his doesnt make the noise, but mine does......:(

·
Registered
36 Posts
when i first got my intake it made that whistle only at a certain throttle position. For some reason when I ran some sea foam through the intake it stopped. Sea foam is sweet stuff but it smokes like hell. It helped to improve my throttle response.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: Re: intake whistling

CivicB16a95 said:
YUp i have the same damn thing u have =) mine used to goo wooooooahhhh pshhhhhh!!! lol...like a mini turbo....but then i swapped out my engine and got a bigger throttle body...and now after hitting the pedal half way..u hear a tssssssssshhhh....

so yeah..its normal..its just ur intake taking air in a certain way that makes a hissing noise
i was reasing your sound effects... i dun get it. j/p :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.