Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i get an intake for my 91 crx hf, will i have to get a fuel pressure regulator. that is so far the only mod i have made. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
554 Posts
No you don't have to. When you start adding headers, exhaust, porting and polishing your head-when you start to really open up the airways or forcing air in ie: turbo or supercharger, then the fpr will help along with a good ignition. At this point, I say no you don't need the fpr.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an HF and I got a regular intake that is universal for CRXs and I opened up my exhaust with a custom fit. Got a lot more torque and it sounds great. All for the price of 250. ( I needed new exhaust anyway.

·
Registered
288 Posts
uscguis said:
I have an HF and I got a regular intake that is universal for CRXs and I opened up my exhaust with a custom fit. Got a lot more torque and it sounds great. All for the price of 250. ( I needed new exhaust anyway.
Toss in another 300 or so and you could have gotten a ZC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My HF motor has 55,000 miles on it and I get 44 mpg. I'm old enough not to have the need for speed, just some pep(gotten the inexpensive way) and good gas mileage. If it had 155,000 on it, I would swap it out.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
want pep switch to a si intake manifold and ecu ull have some pep....and throtle body to thatll be good for lil$$ my d15b1 has 250 k on it i need to drop a b16 in real soon its starting to go i can feel it goin....especailly bumping up compression and milking 130 hp outa 70 hp motor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.