Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK HERE IS THE DEAL. I HAVE A 95 INTEGRA, AND MY ENGINE BAY IS ALL CRAMPED UP WITH AFTERMARKET PARTS. THERES BARELY ANY ROOM BECAUSE ITS TURBOCHARGED TOO. I WAS WONDERING IF I WAS TO REMOVE THE ABS UNIT UNDER THE HOOD, WILL THAT CAUSE ANY BRAKE PROBLEMS BESIDE THE AS NOT WORKING. I ONLY DRIVE IT IN THE SUMMER ONLY. ALSO IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET A ROLL CAGE FOR MY CAR LET ME KNOW, IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE FOR A LONG TIME NOW.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I've heard its a pretty lengthy process to remove ABS but im sure it can be done. You might have to get a few parts from the RS model(no abs.)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I DONT THINK ITS A LONG TIME. JUST TO REMOVE THE UNIT UNDER THE HOOD SHOULD TAKE ABOUT NO MORE THEN 2 HOURS. ALSO WHAT DO YOU MEAN GET IT FROM A RS? GET WHAT FROM A RS?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
STOP WRITING IN ALL CAPS!!!!!

an RS is a base model of an integra that came without ABS

you need to take off the little brake controller thingy...lol

heres the walkthrough

http://honda-t ech.com/zerothread?id=1160671
removing ABS

*remove the spacing*

THANK YOU GORAN!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the info. what if i dont install nothing from an RS and just keep my stock parts instead. will there e anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
if i recall.. its impossible to keep stock lines

unless you plug some of the lines or something.. otherwise you will have brake fluid shooting out.. lol

its a pain in the ass job... ill prolly do it too.. but its a pain

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
you can get your roll cage from savedrives.com or something like that. autopower makes them. i wouldn't recommend the cage if your car is a dd though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
flyracerx said:
you can get your roll cage from savedrives.com or something like that. autopower makes them. i wouldn't recommend the cage if your car is a dd though.
unless you wanna throw on a helmet every time you drive somewhere :giggle

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont think you have to wear a helmet on if you have roll cages in your car or do you? id just thought it make my car look nicer with roll cage since theres hardley anything inside except the front 2 seats dashboard and panels. i mean almost everything is stripped out... plus its turbocharged too so that would make it looke nicer.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
**JDMTEG** said:
i dont think you have to wear a helmet on if you have roll cages in your car or do you? id just thought it make my car look nicer with roll cage since theres hardley anything inside except the front 2 seats dashboard and panels. i mean almost everything is stripped out... plus its turbocharged too so that would make it looke nicer.
I dont THINK roll cages are ment to look "nice." I could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
well you don't have to wear a helmet. you can go ahead and get your head cracked open by a steel pipe in your cabin. plus, not to mention a roll cage would probably disrupt the way cars were designed to absorb impact. i could be wrong, but that's the way i see it. i wouldn't trade all that to "look nice". then again it's a nice addition for chassis stiffening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts