Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i should get an alarm which ones are you guys sporting?

·
Registered
267 Posts
crime stoppers..... it's done what it says so far:)

i like it because it doesn't go off if a car with deep bass in it's stereo or a loud exhaust goes by, but if someone brushes up against the car it will sound.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much was the total? and what features does it have? like window roll up, and shit like that?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I plan to get a pager alarm, but if they want your badly enough nothing can stop a theft.

Here it is:

http://www.12voltdirect.com/mt3000.asp

Not to shabby for 200 bucks Id say, it beats the regular siren alarms that no one pays attention to. BUt in this case youre paged when the alarm goes off. Check it out, it even tells you which sensor on the car was activated.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
I'm going to split this for you and have it also posted in the Electronics forum. Hopefully you will get good response.

Good luck,

A.

PS and please remember that If they Want it, They will Take it! I do NOT believe in alarms, I believe in Lo-Jack and various DIY devices IE Fuel cutoff's and such...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im using a viper but I want a pager alarm. I could care less if it gets stollen but it always gets vandalized that pisses me off even more. Ive had the windoes busted for nothing. Stereo wasn't even touched. Heck this past weekend someone was getting his face bashed in on the hood of my car. I didnt see it my friend saw it. Now the hood is all scratched and I cant even kill the bastard that did it. If I had a pager.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
clifford

still believe clifford's the best alarm ever... but expensive... but all in all its all about the installation.... i hva a clifford alarm to bad viper both em closed em.... de alarm itself cost over a thousand... custom install not just regular install cost almost 500 dols... if u can do it ur self its better but da high end cliffords are hard to install by ur self....i also hve a pager.. its good some movie houses u get some signal... in the mall mostly u dont get signal... but over all pager is good.... and dont believe that 2 miles radius... but its good to have specially wen u hve signal...
ciao

·
Registered
419 Posts
does any1 know how hard it is 2 install an alarm system?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
1Greyteg said:
PS and please remember that If they Want it, They will Take it!
took the words right out of my mouth. it's sad but true. if somebody wants to really jack ur car up, they will find a way to do it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
im getting rid of my alarm that came with my car...checkmate, what a piece of crap. tomorrow im bringin my car in and gettin a new one installed. its brandnew from clifford cost 500 with install and looks like this

·
Registered
67 Posts
Similar to the Millennium alarm JayMan spoke of is the one that I have. The Marksman 10 found at www.autotoys.com for around $200 as well. I like this one because it has a lot of buttons and functions that were not mentioned in the Millennium one.:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
get any old alarm but...

get any alarm i have a viper and the wires are all exposed but i have a hood lock, u cant open my hood without a key.....hehehehehe

·
Registered
252 Posts
Autopage

Autopage security systems are the shit. Ive got one on my GSR and love it. Ive got one for sale as well. Took it off of my father in laws 2001 ZO6 Vette, claims "its to high tech for him".Retails for around $500+installation about $75. Im selling it for $250. Its an Autopage RST2053AL. Remote start, keyless entry, starter kill, 5 extra relays to control windows, sunroof, motorized amp racks, trunk, etc., dual stage shock sensor, and its pager compatible, you can add the pager for around $80 and be paged if your alarm is activated.You can have your car warm in the winter, and cool for you in the summer, or just impress people. Cant beat this deal, even if you dont holla at me about this alarm, I say go with an autopage. Hit me up at [email protected] if you are interested. (jaybone_4970, the link doesnt show the underscore b/tthe e and the 4)

·
Registered
21 Posts
lojack? have the cops find them for u if it's taken and then sue their ass into the ground and then u can get ur money back plus more =X hahahah well that is if they catch them in time but i have a cheap ass stock one doesn't even beap nemore just opens the windows and flashes the turns =X

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: get any old alarm but...

bseriesracer said:
get any alarm i have a viper and the wires are all exposed but i have a hood lock, u cant open my hood without a key.....hehehehehe

hood lock used to be good but not anymore for jap. cars.... dats y people dont really get em anymore.... coz jap or most new car's hood ar made of light material.... car jacker can just rip it off so easy... trust me its not dat hard. oh... really thought clifford has closed... i know u can still get some unit but its hard to get some parts anymore....

·
Registered
461 Posts
sup guys, i got my alarm install as posted earlier in this thread, damn does this thing work..with my alarm i had a proximity detector also installed. while at work the remote starts beeping like crazy and i run outside to see two people standing next to my car with one with his face pressed against the glass; checking out what was inside my car and the other being the look out. i walk out there with a few of my buddies who i work with, walk up to them and told them that, that was a pretty nice car that they are looking at and if it was theirs, one guy said yea, "i locked my keys in it and im trying to get in" i was like "o let me try and help you" at that point i pulled out my keys and asked are these it? while the remote was still beeping. and the two took off and ran. nothing happened to my car plus we got them on camera

1 - 20 of 30 Posts