Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
...and I'm curious if you know where a cheap Honda to DD is around BR. I also opened a body shop right off O'neil in October. Pm me if you want bro. I don't want to jack the thread. I'd love to check out your setup and maybe a customer car or two, and maybe even report back to these boys, if ya want. Plus when I do find a little DD, I'd love to be able to just do the body work (what's the point of paying for a straight car when I have a body shop?) & leave the under hood goings on to someone I know knows what they're doing, such as yourself. I've been reading your technical posts for, what? five or six years now, and I know you'll know what to do with it. So hit me up man. Thx.

Sry OP. I'll stop now.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
clay, i messaged you on your business page.. get back with me..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yea I would of loved a K swap but the fact that it would cost like 8 grand with k-pro is just to expensive, I mean thats double what I'm spending now.
A K-swap costing $8,000+? Care to show your math work?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
A K-swap costing $8,000+? Care to show your math work?
the engine and trans is 4-6K depending on the motor

header is 600-1200
k-pro is with ecu is 1200
mounting kit etc. easily $6-8K for a swap into a non k-chassis

·
Registered
245 Posts
the engine and trans is 4-6K depending on the motor

header is 600-1200
k-pro is with ecu is 1200
mounting kit etc. easily $6-8K for a swap into a non k-chassis
Damn, you're right... I forgot about the hybrid header and K-pro costing out the ass. I never head any intention of ever doing a k-swap

·
Registered
245 Posts
yes. kpro plus ecu is like 1200 wtf
Yeah-no LOL... I'll keep it "old school" and stay with an LS-V, Hondata is all I'd really need, and save myself what like $600 by comparison?
I figured the K-swap had dropped in price over the last 5 years or so.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
ectune/neptune>hondata..and cheaper.. better options, support and a better all around GUI

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
clay, i messaged you on your business page.. get back with me..
Oh shit man I gave up FB for lent. It's proving to be very bad for business.. like to the point I'm going to have to say sorry hope I made it long enough baby Jesus.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Clay, get with me i'd like to come by the shop and actually speak you, maybe we can get something going.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
since when do you have an eg hatch and not a teg?
Staying NA and getting serious about it requires you realize, Power to weight ratio is very..very important :)

I traded the teg for a EG straight chassis trade, He had abetter suspension setupt hen i had, but his body needed some work, where as mine didn't.

700 lbs lighter then my integra.

I'm being flown up to jersey next week the 12-15th. Tuning some cars and going to be @ honda day saturday. Anyone going?

Reactions: apor1a

·
Registered
245 Posts
Staying NA and getting serious about it requires you realize, Power to weight ratio is very..very important :)

I traded the teg for a EG straight chassis trade, He had abetter suspension setupt hen i had, but his body needed some work, where as mine didn't.

700 lbs lighter then my integra.

I'm being flown up to jersey next week the 12-15th. Tuning some cars and going to be @ honda day saturday. Anyone going?
Lucky bastard, wish I were in attendance range, or had time to take off and fly...
Out of curiosity, 9400, is your current setup?

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
Clay, get with me i'd like to come by the shop and actually speak you, maybe we can get something going.
Right on man I'm not there this morning, but I'll be there a little later. Got to put a Camry together (don't judge my work on that one though.. She brought me cheap ass TYP stuff and is only paying 250 for me to shoot them & put 'em on). Supposed to be meeting Taylor from O'Reilly on Airline/Siegen up there too so I can fix and shoot a hood for that beater coupe he just bought, and I'll be up there all weekend. I'm about to rename the place either Nightfall, Sundown, or perhaps Night (or Nite) Owl, since I'm apparently set internally to work my ass off between ~3 PM & 6 or 7 AM. I digress....

I'll hit you on FB too. My number is public on there.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Lucky bastard, wish I were in attendance range, or had time to take off and fly...
Out of curiosity, 9400, is your current setup?

85x89 B20vtec

13:1 CR endyn pistons
Custom Eagle rods
Custom Eagle Crank
Ported GSR head
Sk2 Springs/retainers
DDTECH Reaper Cams w/ GE cam gears
Ported VictorX, Ported/port matched 72MM TB
RDX injectors with clips
3.5'' intake
Custom Myers Header
3'' exhaust
Pump gas
eCtune

Thats the jist.

On the crappy bisimoto header i trapped around 110mph or so spinning all the way down the track. Street tires of course
On pro2's according to my virual Dyno, it made around 247whp, On my cams and the new header, it should do 265+ easily.

Its a Race car, that i daily drive, Idles like a cammed out z06, but smooth, drives fine, Gets around 352 miles to a full tank too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
85x89 B20vtec

13:1 CR endyn pistons
Custom Eagle rods
Custom Eagle Crank
Ported GSR head
Sk2 Springs/retainers
DDTECH Reaper Cams w/ GE cam gears
Ported VictorX, Ported/port matched 72MM TB
RDX injectors with clips
3.5'' intake
Custom Myers Header
3'' exhaust
Pump gas
eCtune

Thats the jist.

On the crappy bisimoto header i trapped around 110mph or so spinning all the way down the track. Street tires of course
On pro2's according to my virual Dyno, it made around 247whp, On my cams and the new header, it should do 265+ easily.

Its a Race car, that i daily drive, Idles like a cammed out z06, but smooth, drives fine, Gets around 352 miles to a full tank too.
:wow :god :bow

You sir, are my fucking hero. Respect all day. Not just the parts list and numbers, but the fact that it's a DD with that fuel range still... I am about tosell my "parts truck" (o6 Colorado xtreme POS deluxe trash-GM poop) that's a 5 cylinder regular cab, 19 gallon tank, I get maybe 210 miles :mad
My 09 Si starting getting better once I didn't let the misses put regular in it anymore LOL

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Follow my business page if you ahve FB

facebook.com/customcams.

I just tuned my best fridays 2011 SI with flash pro.. Holy shit.. lol

Some testing we've done in the last 3 months.

Bone stock [email protected]?
AEM CAI [email protected]
New Skunk2 alpha header, skunk2 3'' exhaust, aem CAI , ddtech tuning with flash pro, we're going for 13.8 or under @ 100+

61 - 80 of 97 Posts