Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Changed my header from the 4-1 to an OBX-R 4-2-1
then it says: Sprinter JDM 4-1 header

well which one is it?
and why did you get the safc and vtec controller? why didnt you just get the vafc or hondata?
it looks nice though.

haha "performance wipers"
i think your next move should be some suspension work

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
resp

I have the 4-1 on it now and i am changing it to the obx this monday which i have in my garage

I got a chance to but 2 apex-i controllers slightly used for 100 bucks a rev speed meter and a safc thats why so i bought a seperate vtec controller. I have to change my site tho because i resold those two controllers

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pulleys

oh btw how do you like ur unorthodox racing pulleys, i have a set that im putting on this week i hope. Any noticible gains?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
1996acuraintegr said:
oh btw how do you like ur unorthodox racing pulleys, i have a set that im putting on this week i hope. Any noticible gains?
yeah dude they rock. i felt a huge difference. they are the most noticable mod ive done :)

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
next i would prolly change my intake to an aem, injen, or iceman. I also would definately work on suspension

·
Registered
659 Posts
i always say you get what you pay for... OBX isnt exactly quality parts... i would rather save a little more money and go for something that is far better quality... a lot of people will back me up on this one

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes i understand although you are not as familliar with obx as i am I understand and totally agree with you between some knockoff ebay shit compared to dc sports or w/e but i have built up my friends civic by replacing his dc header with an obx header and it gained him 2 hp on his gtec pro and it was less than 100 bucks and a 75 downpipe from obx I also put an obx cai and throttle body space on his car with a 10 hp gain on the gtec pro. obs makes grat parts they include tools and hardware and everything you need and the quality is obvious. why waste money when u can get more for less :confused

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
1996acuraintegr said:
yes i understand although you are not as familliar with obx as i am I understand and totally agree with you between some knockoff ebay shit compared to dc sports or w/e but i have built up my friends civic by replacing his dc header with an obx header and it gained him 2 hp on his gtec pro and it was less than 100 bucks and a 75 downpipe from obx I also put an obx cai and throttle body space on his car with a 10 hp gain on the gtec pro. obs makes grat parts they include tools and hardware and everything you need and the quality is obvious. why waste money when u can get more for less :confused
Do you know that 2HP on one of those, or a dyno for that matter, is considered THE SAME. If you pull 145 on one run, then run it again you might have a different number, say 143. These are considered the same. Now a bigger jump, say to 152 would be considered an increase of power. It's not considered "wasting" money when you buy a better, higher quality part and pay a little bit more. You'll learn one day....

·
Registered
659 Posts
GSRGreenSleeper said:
Do you know that 2HP on one of those, or a dyno for that matter, is considered THE SAME. If you pull 145 on one run, then run it again you might have a different number, say 143. These are considered the same. Now a bigger jump, say to 152 would be considered an increase of power. It's not considered "wasting" money when you buy a better, higher quality part and pay a little bit more. You'll learn one day....
i was just about to say this

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
1996acuraintegr said:
a gtec pro is not the best way to measure hp. :idiots

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HA

yea i know but its accuratly inacurate (if you know what im saying) and it is consistant i did 5 runs with each header and it was a consistant 2 hp gain throughout the power band :byye :clap obxr make the same quality shit as dc sports, apex, greddy, ect just at 1/4 the price :) oh and the times were faster too every single time with the obx was faster :bh thats for the ppl who bought dc

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.