Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many aftermarket HID kits available today, but most of them aren't street legal because the HID light source is placed in the stock reflector unit, which is designed for halogen bulbs. This will give a lot of light, but it won't be properly dispersed and it may end up blinding oncoming traffic.

The Xenarc HID X1010 Auxiliary Low Beam Kit that I've installed is completely street legal, dispersing the light evenly without blinding oncoming traffic and most importantly, the Highway Patrol. The kit produces only 2,600 lumens compared to the approximately 3,200 lumens that cars equipped with HID from the factory produce. However, it's still considerably more than the 700-1000 lumens halogen bulbs produce. The low lumen count may have been necessary to keep the kit street legal, since the kit is designed to coincide with your halogen low beams.

The kit produces a color temperature of 5,400º K, which is the maximum street legal limit. This high color temperature is designed to blend with the yellowish color of the halogen bulbs, creating a color temperature of factory HID systems.

The difference that the HID kit makes is evident in the following pictures. The increase in color temperature, lumens, and lateral coverage shows how beneficial this kit can be while driving in roads with low visibility and twisty, dark canyon roads, bringing into focus everything in your path.

PIAA Superwhite Halogens

PIAA Superwhite Halogens w/ HID Low Beam Kit

Lots of lateral coverage

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shiba-Kun said:
Cool. Did you install the kit yourself? Good informative posting dOOd.;)
Thanks-

They were very easy to install because there was no splicing needed whatsoever. The switch is radio controlled so you don't even need to put any wires through the firewall. All you do is just plug in all the connecters, connect the appropriate wires to the battery, adjust the HIDs (Instructions came with the kit on how to adjust the HIDs and install the kit), and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
THATS SOME DAMN NICE SURFACE COVER!!

cool beans. i want s2k projectors. those are on par with FERRARI. they just PIERCE THROUGH THE DAY AND NIGHT!!

good post :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5genlude[/i] [B]THATS SOME DAMN NICE SURFACE COVER!! cool beans. i want s2k projectors. those are on par with FERRARI. they just PIERCE THROUGH THE DAY AND NIGHT!! good post[/B][/QUOTE] Thank you :D [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shiba-Kun said:
Cool deal. About how much is the MSRP?:confused:
$299.00

For more info...
http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/prodinfo.htm

To go to their online shop, click Automotive Lighting/ Xenarc HID Products/ Sylvania Online Performance Shop and then look up the kit there.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that this HID comes with a 3 year warranty, which states that if any part of the kit malfunctions under normal use, they will replace it for free.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
IntegraXTR said:
too bad i'd get pulled over for HID usage

:cry:
It's verboten in Hawaii?:confused: You crazy islander peeps!! LOL!:lol2: BTW: My folks have been in Kauai, Oahu, Hawaii for the last three weeks. They said it's kinda been drizzling alot? Bad weather is a good reason to have HID's LOL!:p

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
It's verboten in Hawaii?:confused: You crazy islander peeps!! LOL!:lol2: BTW: My folks have been in Kauai, Oahu, Hawaii for the last three weeks. They said it's kinda been drizzling alot? Bad weather is a good reason to have HID's LOL!:p

ok i just called the recon station they said it's ok, but it has to pass a certain level, can't be blue..

:p

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IntegraXTR said:
too bad i'd get pulled over for HID usage

:cry:
"This kit has been designed and tested to conform to SAE Specification J582 for auxiliary low beam lights. Legality of all forward lighting color is specified in J578 and is adopted by the Federal Government in FMVSS 108. These regulations set the limits for what constitutes acceptable, legal 'white' light for forward lighting systems. The D-HC1S lamp used in the Xenarc HID Auxiliary Low Beam Kit is within the acceptable limits, and hence is legal as a forward lighting source."

I quoted what was in the owner's manual that came with the HID kit. Each state regulates auxiliary vehicle lighting. Check to see if Hawaii allows your car to have auxiliary lights. If they do, then you don't have to worry about the color light the kit emits (which is a bright white color with a small hint of blue*- much like the HID systems from BMW, the first company to implement HID technology in automobiles) because it's totally within legal range. Inside the owner's manual is a chart showing how the color temperature of the kit is within legal range. It is also stated in the manual that you should keep it in your car in case the legality of the kit ever comes into question, since it explains in detail how the kit is street legal.

As you can see, the lights aren't blue at all, but is a bright white color with a small hint of blue, similar to the color temperature of BMW HID systems.

*When you turn on these HIDs, the color will be very blue at first, taking around 10-15 sec for it to warm up into a bright white light color with a small hint of blue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts