Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has like a 94 or 95 teg ls and i was wonderin what the horsepower was. i know its a dohc non vtec 4 valve/cylinder and all the basic stuff and i thought it was like 127 hp but another guy says like 142. another guy has a 2000 integra ls and he says its 140 hp with vtec, so what is right? does the 95 have 140 or 127? how many hp does the 2000 teg have and does it have vtec?

Note: All cars are based on stock numbers

· Registered
952 Posts
142 is correct, and no ls integra's have vtec

· Registered
85 Posts
it depends on if the people are talking about horsepower at the wheels or the flywheel.

factory always rates their horsepower at the flywheel for their cars, and for a 94+ integra non vtec it's rated at 142 hp. for a GSR, its 170 hp. but when you measure hp at the wheels, a 15-20% drivetrain loss occurs so for an integra it would be anywhere from 110-120 hp at the wheels depending on the condition. the GSR's usually dyno in at 135-140 hp at the wheels. and to answer your last question, in 94-2001 integras, only GSR's and Type-R's come with vtec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.