Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Its up to you, if i were you I'd get lower compression, but I'm no turbo expert. And why not get forged, never hurts.
9:1 is fine you won't need as much boost to make power. if tuned correctly will be fine. the main reason people say run lower compression is for safety. you can turbo an engine with 10.5:1 compression it will make more power than the engine with a 9:1 compression with the same boost and setup. but it will need more dyno time for tuning. detonation becomes a big factor at higher compression ratios. if you want to make more power safely go with forged. it will handle more power than any cast part

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
should i resleeve it in peace of mind? and maybe in the future i might turn it to track car domeday with turbo cams later
dude start a new thread for this

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
i have a B20b and i want to put a vtec head in it what would i have to get..would the b18c1 work fine or would i also have to buy new pistons..and what else wud i need??
seriously go read a book and search. this isn't the place for your crap. didn't i already close one of your stupid threads?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get more torque out of a b18 ls motor? What would be the best bolt on....if possible? Also, I'm running on an automatic trans. Has anyone done an manual swap? How difficult is that? Also, how expensive. I'm on a very limited budget.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
dude, this is the thread i was looking for before i asked the compression question, although i got more compression detail outta the homey, this is the motherload, bookmarking as fav now :number1

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get more torque out of a b18 ls motor? What would be the best bolt on....if possible? Also, I'm running on an automatic trans. Has anyone done an manual swap? How difficult is that? Also, how expensive. I'm on a very limited budget.
We try to keep discussion in this thread down to a minimum, as it is mainly for informative purposes.

You should search this forum and others around the web for some quick basic answers to your questions. Then come back and create your own new threads that are a bit more in depth and more specific to your actual build. Your question about torque could be answered in many many different ways...its more about what your future plans are, and what you really want for the vehicle. Manual swaps are done, but its usually easier to sell the Auto Trans car, and purchase one with a manual. But like I said, do some of your own research first because there are way too many answers to your very general questions.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.