Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 1052 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
gsr, which is very light, mainly why is quick, built the motor this winter, mods are a secret but i will tell you if you want to know
Oh its obvious what guys are runnin when they say it is a secret....

obviously you have HS built hollow cams with eutectic coated liquid silicon filled inconel exhuast valves, with titanium intake valves both from HS along with the obviously and well known intermetallic rockers which feeds all air to the Magniesium based pistons attatched to HS metal matrix composite con rods which finally turns the beautiful HS Forged Steel Crank. Breathes through Weekend Warrior Intake mani and exhaust header.

Did I nail it or what?

Totally obvious:D

Oh and lets not forget the HS elastomeric bearing engine mounts.:number1

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
ah shit i heard royal purple changes vtec to 2000rps and give you 2step launch control:lol2
oh man, its unreal. Stop hearing about it and feel it for yourself!

I dont know tho if it has the same effect on the GSR as it does the LS.

oh yeah about the 2step, shh:ninja dont tell and keep it on the down low, but royal purple 2step actually gives my teg AWD.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
the integra is faster than the 08 wrx too before 4th
wow, either the driver of the wrx sucks, or you have some pretty beefy mods done to that teg.

ever take your dc2 to the strip? Mine was a gsr with bolt-ons, best I could manage was 15.4 @ 92

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
my freinds 08 ripped pretty hard even stock. There pretty ballsy right from the get go. I assume there must be some sort of headwork to it. I know my GSR wouldn't have stood a chance out of 2nd against a wrx, let alone an 08.

·
Registered
608 Posts
my freinds 08 ripped pretty hard even stock. There pretty ballsy right from the get go. I assume there must be some sort of headwork to it. I know my GSR wouldn't have stood a chance out of 2nd against a wrx, let alone an 08.
the 08 is like the slowest, i believe the earlier years might be fastest, plus the rear diff isnt lsd=not better at autox

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
you know what, correct myself, his was an 09, and I thought 08 on had the 260hp, I think yours only has like 225 or something?

Damn, my volvo makes more power stock, lol

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
remember when your auto-x ing dont try sending all that hp to the front wheels when your turning, hello understeer
I'm aware. The torque / not that awesome of tires = awesome 1 tire fires a lot of times. I'm a fan favorite with me smoke clouds, hehe. Its tough to keep that car moving in the lower gears under boost without just burning rubber. Tho I did pretty well last time I ran, I was hanging with or besting civics and other smaller cars, but then again, its all in the driver really.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
oh, I had a broken rear sway too, that wasn't too fun. I'm getting my new rear sway here soon, so hopefully next aut0-x I should do a whole lot better.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I guess I never thought of that, I'm still getting used to driving a slush box.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
tho truth be told, the surface last time, and my tires are less than ideal. I think if even one of thoes factors were to change, I'd have run a better time, not that I did horrible by any means, but could have done better.

1021 - 1040 of 1052 Posts