Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any differences between the ITR 97 calipers and the 98+ calipers? Reason I am asking is because I am converting my hub-over-rotor setup to rotor-over-hub using ITR parts. I need calipers using 23T brackets. The DIY I'm following says to use 98+ ITR calipers only, but I found a great deal on 97 ITR ones. Are there any differences? Thanks.

Link to DIY
http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3970

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Could be wrong, but I don't think there are any differences. According to that DIY, it says to use 23T brakets regardless so I'm sure you could get it to work.

In the meantime, I'll be checking acuraautomotive.org and acura247.com to verify if there are any differences in the calipers.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Why are you using ITR parts though when there are clearly more other calipers available. ITR parts are rare and probably expensive if you find any. But I guess you did get a good deal.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
female four said:
Why are you using ITR parts though when there are clearly more other calipers available. ITR parts are rare and probably expensive if you find any. But I guess you did get a good deal.
'93-96 Prelude VTEC calipers are the same thing. I believe these are also shared with the early Accord V6s and Odysseys as well. Largest single-piston caliper Honda makes.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The calipers are abundant everywhere. It's the friggin 23T brackets that can't be found anywhere. I found a deal on some ITR calipers that have these brackets. If the calipers don't work, I'll probably get some autozone Prelude VTEC calipers. My original plan was to use a prelude caliper, but I can't find any that come with the 23T bracket. Sounds like I'm wasting money, but I have been searching for 3 months now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
female four said:
Could be wrong, but I don't think there are any differences. According to that DIY, it says to use 23T brakets regardless so I'm sure you could get it to work.

In the meantime, I'll be checking acuraautomotive.org and acura247.com to verify if there are any differences in the calipers.
Thanks a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.