Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was on my way to go one of the many meets on a Saturday night, going to meet some buddies at a 7-11 to decide where we wanna drive to. So im driving along and I look over to my left and riding next to be is a black SRT-4, we exchange glances and I look up and the light was turning red (crap!). So we are both sitting at the light and he revs alittle enough so I can hear it and I rev a little, so im like eh what the hell i'll do it. I rev my car up to about 3krpm and he does the same.....light turns green...SRT takes me on the launch (I suck balls on launching) he's ahead of me half a car length....2nd gear I pull up on him once vtec hit..I shifted at 8300rpm...3rd im on him neck and neck....4th gear he pulls a little....then 5th....I look over and the front of my car is right on his back tire. He follows me to the gas station and we talk.....he was pretty cool, it was a stock SRT, i was just amazed that a car with 60whp less then his non-turbo kept on him. He asked what I had under the hood and outta respect I told him.........
The End

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nice kill! I imagine your car is pretty light and the Neon was suffering from some wheel spin.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i didnt really beat him, he beat me but i was on his back tire. He launched pretty good there was barely any tire spin

·
Registered
32 Posts
still thats great !!!!!! :clap those SRT-4 have like 240 hp stock

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
LoPeY said:
Nice kill! I imagine your car is pretty light and the Neon was suffering from some wheel spin.
they have seriou traction issues. if he upgraded his tires......
2.4+turbo+fwd=no traction

P.S. do you think a sr20 240 could take one?

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
That's really good SRT-4s are rated at 240, but dyno pretty close to that at the wheels.
actually in 2003 they were rated at 215 hp. and were later rated at 235. but you were right about the wheels. thye make like 230+whp. they just have horrible traction with all that torque going throught a fwd setup

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i heard alot of bad things about the SRTs problems with traction, but this guy did a good job of keping it down

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
with LSD you should come out of the hole little harder than 3k rpm. i launch mine at around 4k-4500 rpms. but i also have a traction bar .......good job though.....props to ya......and your car is gorgeous by the way.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
killer B said:
with LSD you should come out of the hole little harder than 3k rpm. i launch mine at around 4k-4500 rpms. but i also have a traction bar .......good job though.....props to ya......and your car is gorgeous by the way.
Thanks....my JDM front should be on in a couple of weeks....so im happy about that...it will look alot better with the JDM front

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
fsufan814 said:
awd is to unreliable at hp levels higher than what it was built to handle in stock form, its been proven time and time again.
that's true for any system :rolleyes. it's because there is no give with the system rwd and and especially fwd will just spin the tires but can and will suffer the same fate as awd systems. look at subies, the company never meant for it to be run with 500 whp so why make it more expensive than necessary for the consumer by making it handle that much. but dont' think that. but as i already stated. your statement is true about all cars. don't think a tegs will eat axles at 270whp. and tranny's a little after that. don't think mustangs, rx7's, and supras won't eat differentials

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
that's true for any system :rolleyes. it's because there is no give with the system rwd and and especially fwd will just spin the tires but can and will suffer the same fate as awd systems. look at subies, the company never meant for it to be run with 500 whp so why make it more expensive than necessary for the consumer by making it handle that much. but dont' think that. but as i already stated. your statement is true about all cars. don't think a tegs will eat axles at 270whp. and tranny's a little after that. don't think mustangs, rx7's, and supras won't eat differentials
your right im not argueing that, i was more responding to someone on why you wont see an AWD srt-4, essentially bc, as you lightly touched on, from a financial and engineering stand point its not reliable. sure its awesome to have 300whp and not spin a tire, but i rather have 300whp on a rwd or even a fwd and spin tires. sure i might be slower possibly, but my car is gonna last longer than an awd.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.