Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is alll eg hb brake system the same. i mean is the drums and caliper inter changeabe? b/c some part store do have an cx hb in there computer system but they have other hb in there. thank you very much

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
98civcEK said:
the hb si has different brake (larger) than the other hatches. but the drums are all the same.
actually the 92-95si had the same small 9.5" front brakes that all of the other hatches and lower model civics had. Only the Ex had the larger 10.3" rotors.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
kommon_sense said:
actually the 92-95si had the same small 9.5" front brakes that all of the other hatches and lower model civics had. Only the Ex had the larger 10.3" rotors.
but it did have the 4 wheel disks. thanks for the clarification though

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
kommon_sense said:

if i wanted to get these ex rotors, i would have to change everything right?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I've got some front hubs, calipers, and rotors if you are interested. (from an integra...same as the civic, except when buying pads you need to buy the teggy pads).

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
i don't mean to jack this thread but, would getting the brembo drums do anything better than the stock ones would? its always been on my mind and i need to replace the shoes here soon, so just thought i'd throw that in there.

PS never buy cheap rotors....mine are pissing me off.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
98civcEK said:
i don't mean to jack this thread but, would getting the brembo drums do anything better than the stock ones would? its always been on my mind and i need to replace the shoes here soon, so just thought i'd throw that in there.
not a bit...

PS never buy cheap rotors....mine are pissing me off.
a rotor is a rotor... seriously doubt there is an issue with your rotors. any problems would most likely be the pads.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm going to jack this thread again, its going down the same lines as I've been working on the past couple weeks or so.

I have a 95 Civic LX 4dr, I bought the rear disc swap from a "JDM importer" in my area. When I went to assemble the rears, the left side is from an Integra or equal sized spindle, and the other is from the smaller spindled Civic, which was a pain in the bum while ordering fresh hubs (you cannot buy the wheel bearings seperate)

The other big problem I ran into was w/ the front brakes. The same company sold me 93 Integra front knuckles and hardware, telling me its a straight bolt in job. I probably woul have never noticed other than again when I went to change the bearings and lower balljoints, they didn't fit. I went to a local wreckers and asked for 94 Integra spindles, and again found out they weren't when trying to assemble.

MY CURRENT SETUP (in pieces)

FRONT
Calipers 94 Teg
Mount 94 Teg
Rotors 94 Teg
Pads 94 Teg
Spindles 94 Del Sol
Bearings 94 Del Sol

REAR
Calipers 94 Teg and 95 Civic
Rotors 94 Teg
Pads 94 Teg
Hubs 94 Teg and 95 Civic

Can anyone see any fitment problems?

I don't have all the parts in one spot yet and haven't been able to check fitment, I guess I should have before I started having things reconditioned and put together. But like a fool I took other seemingly knowledgeable persons words to heart.

I'll post again if I find everyting fits up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts