Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried searching, nothing very helpful, but who knows what throttle bodys can be switched? For example the only thing I found d16 is changable with b16. I want a bigger tb, but I dont see spending $300 on one for my d16, when I bought the WHOLE car the motor came out of for that much! If anyone has a list of sizes also, (I know I saw one somewhere) that would be helpful.

Thanks

edit:
something else I found: Any throttle body for an H series B series or D series are interchangeable, with one catch; you need to pay attention to where your IACV (idle air control valve) is.

B20 (CRV) throttle bodies are all 60mm in size, ITR is is 62mm, H22 is 60mm, the Civic is 56mm.

If anyone has anymore info, please post it

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
ReDevil said:
you need to pay attention to where your IACV (idle air control valve) is.
thats really it. excpet certain older obd1 cars had their MAP sensor on the firewall and not the throttle body. the y7 motor and the auto y8 are the only ones to my knowledge with the IACV on the throttle body and not the IM.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah my car was/is a CX, I still have that paperweight motor sitting around, like 50hp at the fly, but 50mpg easy. The TB opening could be blocked with a golf ball, no kidding! I have it just to show off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.