Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what do you think of these is the point? I can get one of these for alot cheaper than buying one online. What difference does it make if I get a name brand if I get the same performance (like he says) for less cost? I don't care to get a sticker, I'm more of a go fast guy.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
turborebuild said:
But what do you think of these is the point? I can get one of these for alot cheaper than buying one online. What difference does it make if I get a name brand if I get the same performance (like he says) for less cost? I don't care to get a sticker, I'm more of a go fast guy.
Well thats a little one, so it wont work as good. It'll probably work fine for anything under 200hp but i'm not sure where you would mount it, and looking where the outlets are the piping may be weird that you have to run. I just said get a Johnnyracecar because their only about 175shipped, which isnt too much more than those intercoolers. Johnnyracecar and custom coach arent name brands either.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ya, VtecAddict is right. I bought a johnny racecar IC, and it's really good stuff for the money. Those stock ICs are for low power apps. If you are a speed guy, you will not want one of those puny little ICs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
13x 11 x 3 is small? That is pretty much standard size and a pretty good sized IC. I have asohc 1.6 without the bottom end built, 200 hp would be an extreme stretch. The MX6 guys are pushing well over 200 HP with these IC's, I know this for a fact, plus I can't imagine that buying one of these would cost anywhere near $180? I could probably snag one up for around $75 by the time bidding ends.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
turborebuild said:
13x 11 x 3 is small? That is pretty much standard size and a pretty good sized IC. I have asohc 1.6 without the bottom end built, 200 hp would be an extreme stretch. The MX6 guys are pushing well over 200 HP with these IC's, I know this for a fact, plus I can't imagine that buying one of these would cost anywhere near $180? I could probably snag one up for around $75 by the time bidding ends.
I'm just saying for another 100bucks i'd rather have a nice actual front mount. Read my other post, those rear mounted outlets/inlets are going to be hard to run piping to unless your going to be side mounting it. If you knew so damn much about it then why did you ask us?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts