Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive been wondering what to do with puting lights in my car since the interior light in the back doesnt really light up anything in the car (yes i replaced the bulb but its too far back to light up the front of car) I have been thinking of getting something on the rear view that has lights but not sure if i even can do that in the car, wondering what anyone else has done to get some good lighting in the del sols at night.

Also my back light i have to have shut off or it stays on when i put it on the door setting, so when i open my doors the light just doesnt turn on and off. Not sure what it could be since the light works fine aside from that setting.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Might be worthwhile to check the connections for the bulb, maybe its dirty and causing some resistance and therefor less light power. As for the light's operation, My car does the same. I read somewhere on here that it might be connected with having an aftermarket cd player for some weird reason. Im actually looking into it, but no luck so far.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, ill check all the wires, and i was going to check all the grounds in my car, i think thats what the problem is because it happens sometimes to otherthings like my brake lights and blinkers.

· Registered
47 Posts
wouldnt it also be worth a shot to look at the little switch in the door. like that plunger deal, these cars are gettin kinda old and they mightbe all gunked up, I had that problem in a car before. Also I have had two aftermarket cd players in my car. They are hardwired because a previous own did a terrible hack job on it, I still have the lights with the open door function going.

· Registered
86 Posts
Same Here!

Might be worthwhile to check the connections for the bulb, maybe its dirty and causing some resistance and therefor less light power. As for the light's operation, My car does the same. I read somewhere on here that it might be connected with having an aftermarket cd player for some weird reason. Im actually looking into it, but no luck so far.
Yeah, when I changed my CD player I saw that as well. I notice how the Cigarette lighter, light and the CD power is all one connection I believe. When I run my GPS the CD player goes off, it has to be one or the other. I opened it up to check but seems like the whole power is like a bit powerstrip with three things over one line. Then again it might just be only my car, '95 Del Sol. I know they changed a lot of stuff on the '96 and '97.
P.S- If you have a GPS and your car does as mine does...don't connect it and then turn the CD player on! It totally messes the GPS up and you are sometimes not able to reset the GPS using your computer or the reset button. Then it goes down another road. NOTE: I am not sure about this (or how) but the mechanic across the street from me said not to mess with the power connections, since they all seem to be in one line any wrong hit on the wires might deploy the air bags.
Hope this helps but still do your own research.

· Registered
478 Posts
Yeah, when I changed my CD player I saw that as well. I notice how the Cigarette lighter, light and the CD power is all one connection I believe. When I run my GPS the CD player goes off, it has to be one or the other. I opened it up to check but seems like the whole power is like a bit powerstrip with three things over one line. Then again it might just be only my car, '95 Del Sol. I know they changed a lot of stuff on the '96 and '97.
P.S- If you have a GPS and your car does as mine does...don't connect it and then turn the CD player on! It totally messes the GPS up and you are sometimes not able to reset the GPS using your computer or the reset button. Then it goes down another road. NOTE: I am not sure about this (or how) but the mechanic across the street from me said not to mess with the power connections, since they all seem to be in one line any wrong hit on the wires might deploy the air bags.
Hope this helps but still do your own research.

That airbag issue doesn't make any sense to me. I doubt that he knows what he's talking about.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
You only have risk of airbag deployment if you disconnect your battery and dont wait 5 minutes before messing with shit. After those 5 minutes, your fine as long as you dont short anything

· Registered
478 Posts
Not the most accurate advice in the world but I supose that it won't hurt anyone. You shouldn't even be touching your airbag wiring when you are wiring the radio though. For all of you out there if its yellow or orange wrapped then don't TOUCH it. At all. Ever.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Not the most accurate advice in the world but I supose that it won't hurt anyone. You shouldn't even be touching your airbag wiring when you are wiring the radio though. For all of you out there if its yellow or orange wrapped then don't TOUCH it. At all. Ever.
SRS is sensitive to any sort of shock, hence waiting the 5 minutes. It has a capacitor or something in the system so that even with the car off or a battery disconnected, say from a crash, it can still deploy. Look it up

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Also, for your information, the SRS module is right under the radio, so yes, it is advice well worth taking. You dont have to mess with the wiring to have a risk of accidental deployment.

· Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the info...interesting!

· Registered
478 Posts
In my experience the srs units have been anything but sensitive. True, they have caps for a few minutes of backup power but they also have to have two separate sensors tripped at the same time to deploy. (unless of course you do something stupid like connecting power directly to the airbag wires.)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
better safe then sorry yo :btu

· Registered
365 Posts
i got some leds and led holders from ebay like 20-30 bux and put them under my visors man i love them so bright i got 10 on one side 5 on the other got lazy but took only like 3 hours total lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.