Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 civic dx..the stupid pipe going from the exhuast manifold to the flange by the axle is rotted out...is that long pipe called the intermediate pipe? i know i coudl go to an exhaust shop and have one put on cuz its just a straight pipe, the cat is on the exhaust manifold...but as a simple alternative i found a site selling the "intermediate pipe" for 60 bucks..i was wondering if that is the same long straight pipe that runs from the manifold to the axle...any feedback would be appreciated...thanks

· Registered
1,052 Posts
It's hard to say if that's what they mean or not. I didn't think anyone would call it an intermediate pipe in the first place so I couldn't say but now would be a good time to get a cat-back exhaust. That is from the catalytic converter to the tip on the muffler replaced all in one whack!

· Registered
1,393 Posts
he's got a DX where the cat is attached vertically to the header...sorta header/cat combo but its in front right by the exhaust ports. are u talking about the pipe that connects and runs under the car? thats the "B-pipe" or "mid pipe" some peeps call it diff..i call it Bpipe.

If u plan on getting a aftermarket header for ur car, its gonna remove ur cat from the exhaust system, then get a Bpipe for ur car to the muffler. runnin no cat, cel will be on and u wont pass emissions. u can take that route if u want or....

you can get a header for a EX, get a EX cat, get a cat back for EX and u'll have a new exhaust system and still pass emissions.
peace

· Registered
2,222 Posts
KiddEng said:
he's got a DX where the cat is attached vertically to the header...sorta header/cat combo but its in front right by the exhaust ports. are u talking about the pipe that connects and runs under the car? thats the "B-pipe" or "mid pipe" some peeps call it diff..i call it Bpipe.

If u plan on getting a aftermarket header for ur car, its gonna remove ur cat from the exhaust system, then get a Bpipe for ur car to the muffler. runnin no cat, cel will be on and u wont pass emissions. u can take that route if u want or....

you can get a header for a EX, get a EX cat, get a cat back for EX and u'll have a new exhaust system and still pass emissions.
peace
if he has a hatch then the ex exhaust will be too long.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
i would suggest partly what kiddeng said. . . ex headers, ex cat... but custom exhaust piping, straight-through racing resonator, and your choice of muffler. . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.