Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having some problems with my clutch, it never has full pressure and sometimes just wont come back up at all. Its not a problem with the fluid as I checked the resevoir and its full...any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Yes that is the bleeder valve. I believe you only need an 8mm wrench and another person to pump the clutch while you do the stuff under the hood. Bleed it like you do brakes. Push clutch to the floor, open the valve briefly then close it up. Make sure there is always fluid in the reservoir and keep repeating til you get clean fluid coming out the other end. Never let go of the clutch pedal when the valve is open or it will suck air right back up into the system.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Thats it.

- I start by putting paper towers in the reservoir to suck up old fluid. Be careful not to let it drop on the paint.

- Top it off with new fluid
- Put a friend in the car who can follow directions
- Put wrench on bleeder valve
- put a piece of tubing on valve
- run tubing to an empty bottle

1. Loosen valve
2. Tell friend to push clutch and hold it in
3. See fluid squirt into tube
4. Tighten valve
5. Tell friend to release clutch (they may have to pull pedal back up with their hand)
6. Check reservoir fluid level and top off if needed.
7. Ask friend to push/release clutch to see how it feels
8. Go back to step #1

You keep doing it until the pedal pressure feels good (smooth/firm). If it never changes then as Klungemonger said, its probably the master cylinder itself.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man, that was very helpful. You should post something like that in the maintenance thread, I did a lot of searching but could not find specific instructions on how do this.
btw: clutch works great now, thanks again :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts