Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wireless internet with a few friends in a house. Normally I get fast, consistent signal and everything works fine. However, all week it has developed a problem where I have internet and it's as fast as it should be and everything, but after 2 minutes it disconnects. If I go to "View Wireless Connections" and reconnect it, I will get another 2 minutes - no more, no less - and then it will disconnect again. Everyone else in my house currently has no connection problems, even people farther away from the router.
The menu also lists various neighbors' signals but none of them work (one used to but doesn't anymore). I deleted them off the "Preferred" list of networks so now I seem to just have my own.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to fix this? I'm at work right now but I figured I'd get the ball rolling here. TIA

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
are the drivers up-to-date? or have you done any recent updates to your pc? more specifically any windows updates?
or have you installed any new software that may have started the problem?

what hardware are you using?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about the drivers... you could say I'm quite computer-illiterate! No updates or new programs lately that come to mind. I don't know the specifics but it's a 3.5yr old Dell desktop... not sure on the componentry but it's like 256MB SD-RAM and 2.0GhZ just to give some idea of what "era" it's from hehe

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I reinstalled the driver, but I managed to screw that up so it made what little internet I had NOT work. So I just did the ol' System Restore back to this time last week and so far, so good! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
670 Posts
That's strange... Usually I would delete the list of preferred wireless list too... Still didn't work? Hmm, I guess I would double-check the settings in the device manager for your wireless adapter:

transmit power to max setting or something.

Well I guess it works now so whatever :clap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.