Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, howdy bioys and girls!

I've been snooping around the forum and it looks like a great place.

My wife has a 1992 Civic VX with 120,000 miles on it. The previous owner put new timing belt on around 60,000 and I was planning on doing it again soon.

But maybe not soon enough . . .

This morning on the way to dropping our girl at school, the car stopped amidst some not so nice clacking and rattling sounds--"chick, chick, chack chick, chack".

Bless her soul, she didn't crank it too many times before pushing it home 2 blocks but she did say that it would start but die after a few seconds. She said it dropped a lot of coolant on ground when it happened.

I just looked at it and the front of the motor is wet around/below the water pump. I turned it over once and it started but made a lot of noise so I shut it off immediately.

I've rebuilt plenty of 22RE and AC VW motors. So I'm not a total idiot but new to this engine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it starts at all I assume that my timing belt is still there (?).

Would the water pump failing cause the described problem/symptoms.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.