Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a staright through N1 Invidia CAT sys for my 6 Gen 4 Banger Accord in 2005. Its a nice Deep Throaty sounding system with a CAI. I thought it was perfect at the time, but the out put decibals became annoying in the Cabine at High Way speeds and a bottle of excedrin tablets became my best friends when driving from Connecticut to Florida. Lucky thing I didn't throw my OEM system away. I reinstalled it as soon as i got home.

I'm now thinking of putting the system back on my car, but i need your expert advice on selecting a after market resonator that will do some sound justice to the system for the pipe size of 60mm.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gonna go hack my CAT BACK at the local muffler shop, I'll let you guyz know what the finish product sounds like

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Try a carsound highflow cat.....I had a straight through and didnt like the smell really. But I have an RS-R exhaust which makes a big difference in sound.

Either way the carsound seems to work well on the sound department compared to my straight through.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pursuit of Happiness

Ok guyz here is my result and plan B

Result
- Replaced Invidia N1 Cat back system resonator with 12" Glass Pack resonator = Exhaust still sounds 2 deep at Higway speeds and loud music won't drown it out
- Its sounds nice and mellow around 30-37 mph cruising speed.
- I'm getting an extra 45 miles out of a full tank of fuel THATS A PLUS +
- Currently trying to get a replacement silencer from Invidia but no luck with the MIDDLE MAN aka ProStreetonline.com

Money spent on purchasing & installing glass pack = $130

Plan B
- I really adore my Cat back and I'm enjoying the extra 45 miles per full tank, which means more trips to my x girlfirend house. :)
- I'm now considering eliminating the Glass pack resonator and place a FlowMaster Hushpower II Muffler, 2.25" IN / OUT, 18" and if this doesn't work I'm gonna be really upset and burn my car:D If you guyz have any input on this Plan B please share, wish me luck
Oh and thats another
$176 more plus installation, oh boy here we go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts