Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
my security settings are fine, but my IP is still blocked. anyone ban my IP for shits and giggles? :p Its on the board side, not my computer's.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here
I guess the site just doesn't like me:p

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
I don't see how it could be me. How would it be me? If I PM one of you guys my IP, will you look into it?

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
How do I reset my IP?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
civic1784 said:
How do I reset my IP?
do you know if your connection is static or dynamic? dynamic means that the IP address changes once in a while. where as static then it is set on one IP address and doenst change.
just reset your modem then it should pick up a new IP address.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Its static, always at bc.edu, and I am getting onto the internet through a network connection. All i can think of is that someone at BC got banned, or someone managed to use my IP as a proxy. Well, if my IP is determined by my modem (which is something I hadn't heard of), let me know how to go about resetting it, and I'll try it.

Oh, another thing is that when I wiped my harddrive, I renamed my computer, and its something different now, than what it was before. The way bc sets its IP, is there is my computer's IP, and then my, err, not sure what its called, but my provider's IP, which is computer_name.bc.edu, and that changed. Ban anyone from BC before?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
civic1784 said:
Its static, always at bc.edu, and I am getting onto the internet through a network connection. All i can think of is that someone at BC got banned, or someone managed to use my IP as a proxy. Well, if my IP is determined by my modem (which is something I hadn't heard of), let me know how to go about resetting it, and I'll try it.

Oh, another thing is that when I wiped my harddrive, I renamed my computer, and its something different now, than what it was before. The way bc sets its IP, is there is my computer's IP, and then my, err, not sure what its called, but my provider's IP, which is computer_name.bc.edu, and that changed. Ban anyone from BC before?
not too sure about how the dorm connection works. my connections gets reset with the modem.
i dont think we have banned anyone from BC.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
still no such luck. still banned. :confused: You must have a database of banned IP's that you can search, right?

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Sent you a PM, hope it works out.:confused:

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
civic1784 said:
I don't see how it could be me. How would it be me? If I PM one of you guys my IP, will you look into it?
What am I gonna look into? Like I've said bro, I've checked your account 5 times. There isn't anymore more that I can do -- I'm sorry.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
I pm'ed divine my IP and server info, just to see if it matches a banned IP, do you want it too?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Cost said:
What am I gonna look into? Like I've said bro, I've checked your account 5 times. There isn't anymore more that I can do -- I'm sorry.
Dude.. I administer this board. Do you not think I'd check that the very first time anyone would ever have an IP ban issue?

Sorry if I'm being a dick.. but fuck, give me some credit. :sleepy:

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Cost said:
Dude.. I administer this board. Do you not think I'd check that the very first time anyone would ever have an IP ban issue?

Sorry if I'm being a dick.. but fuck, give me some credit. :sleepy:
Credit for what? Telling me I'm S.O.L? I am sure you checked, but if I can access SHO through AOL, and through a proxy if I look one up, but not through my own IP, there is no problem with my machine, its SHO. If you fix it, I will call you my god and send you my soul, but right now, there is nothing I should be kissing your ass for. Thanks for trying, but divine has just been more willing to work with me.

Oh, and if you need a timeframe, I was banned in the middle of march, if that helps - like 13-18th, sometime around there, because i first posted about the problem on the 19th. So whoever was doing whatever during that period of time might have messed it up for me.:confused:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts