Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an IPOD and I was told that I could connect it to my stereo with some kind of after market piece. But now everyone is telling me that since I have the navigation system in my car that I can't.

Does anyone (who knows what they are talking about) know if you can or can't actually do this. I'm hoping that I was just talking to some idiots and that people that look at this forum really know the truth. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
a quick and dirty way would be to use an FM modulator, that would go to your antenna input and then you can pick an empty FM station to get the signal from the ipod

·
Registered
10 Posts
A good way I heard about was that monster had a kit that cost around $100 and gives you an audio hookup, but their websites not working right now, otherwise id look it up for you. Check back there sometime, also i think there might be a kit from sony or someone that lets you use the steering wheel controls. Oh wait, never mind, that's only if you have a sony head unit. So there are your options, or you could get an FM Transmitter, I'd reccomend one that has a car adapter plug, otherwise you'll drain your battery.

·
Registered
160 Posts
if you go with the fm transmitter you'll be gettin radio quality...which is a 56 kbps bit rate. i wouldn't recommend a transmitter only because i can't stand the quality; otherwise its very easy to hook up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts