Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading in SCC and there is a 90 Accord that has an H22 in it and running 14.1 in the quarter. I also read that the WRX runs the 1/4 in the high 14's. I've heard the WRX is pretty fast but never seen one in person running.

Anyhow, what kind of cars could one smoke running low 14's in the quarter? Mustang GT's, Cobras, Camaro Z28's, Corvette, Firebirds, S2000 :confused:

I'm pretty sure the GT's would not be a problem since my bro takes them in his 95 LX with just AEM c/a/i and straight custom piping :p

Or if someone could tell me some 1/8th mile times with an H22 I can relate :) I will be going to my first 1/4 track this coming Wednesday :cool:

Been to a 1/8th a few times back home.....

Thanks!

H22 is what I plan to drop in my LX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The S2000 not running a sub 14 with an avearage driver. Sure with god at the wheel, it can pull a sub 14, but just barley. WRX's aren't pulling sub 14's stock, not even with me driving

SInce were' comparing apples to apples new Mustang GT's, Cobras, Camaro Z28's, Corvette, Firebirds etc... all pull sub 14's with ease. SOme 13's flat, and even a high 12 for a corvette in some cases.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
LX98Civic said:
Interesting......

I thought the H22 was the BEAST of all swaps :confused:

I would also turbo the bitch one day as well which would help out. My goal is to smoke GT's, Z28's, Firebirds, IS-300's.....

The typical cars that f**k with imports :)
it is...what better can you put in a civic...a gsr motor you will be luck to hit high 14's at all

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
staticx said:
You sir are wrong..have you ever been on the street? Do you ever notice the amount of the same old boring imported riced out mobiles? Now do you ever notice that these same people want to race anything from a poor grandmoms hoover-round to a viper

I have not once f**ked with an import..do you know why..not worth my time, gas, energy. But they always seem to find me, and bug the living sh*t out of me with that annoying exhaust fart
Damn, need a life?? Why hang out at a IMPORT forum if your not into them :confused: Anyhow, you need to watch that clip of the Ford Lightning trying to f**k with that 5th gen. h/b! Lets just say the guy in the Lightning (holding the camcorder) can't even keep the civic on the damn screen :rolleyes:

Until he does a fly by after the civic has come to a complete stop :eek:

·
Registered
868 Posts
What video are you talking about? Post it here if you can, i would love to see that. I have seen a few videos of Civics smoking corvettes and vipers :) GO CIVICS!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
s2000 run a 14.9 stock, an ls with a h22a will easy get into 14s with out a/c, rear seats etc but I don't know how low.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
zcsohc said:
s2000 run a 14.9 stock, an ls with a h22a will easy get into 14s with out a/c, rear seats etc but I don't know how low.
S2000's don't run 14.9 stock.. I'm not sure where you read/heard that, but it's not true.. An ITR can run faster than that...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
wrx will run 14's stock ive seen it many time .

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
14.1 isn't fast but it's quick for a accord.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
zcsohc said:
Yeah the average time I see posted for an S200 is a 13.8 in the 1/4 mile. An H22a hatch should be at that or maybe a little quicker. The reason that h22a in the accord ran a 14.1 because accords are way heavier than civic hatches.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'm pretty sure the GT's would not be a problem since my bro takes them in his 95 LX with just AEM c/a/i and straight custom piping

Whats that I smell? Bullshit. Those mods on a 95 ex, thats a vtec, will propel a 5 speed coupe thru the 1320 @ 16.3, I know. Thats a few seconds behind a GT., 5.0 or 4.6.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Mustang GT-14.0 even @100.2 MPH (MotorTrend.com)

Camero Z28-14.0 even @101.3 MPH (MotorTrend.com)

Subaru WRX-14.9 @ 90 MPH* (Edmunds.com)

*This Scoobie had the optional wheel and tire package that makes wheelspin nearly impossible.

S2000-14.2 @ 98.1 MPH (MotorTrend.com)

Corvette-13.2 @ 109.3* MPH (MotorTrend.com)

*This denotes a non-Z06 equiped C5.

Firebird w/RAM air-13.5 @ 107.4 MPH

Full_Clip is more of a road course guy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would go for the Z06 if I could afford one. Nearly 1.0 Lateral Gs and a sub 13 1/4 mile stock. However, I am saving up for a WRX. Cheaper and very good performance for the buck.

Full_Clip watches rally.

·
Registered
473 Posts
12's are in reach but you had better have lots of mods and know how to drive

·
Registered
473 Posts
firehawk trans am's come with 5 more horses than a z06 that is what i woudl get

1 - 20 of 33 Posts