Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAD HAD SOME MONEY BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION AND I HAVE BEEN A FAN OF VORTEC SUPERCHARGERS FOR QUITE SOME TIME. AS BEING THE SUPERCHARGER USED ON THE FASTEST CIVIC IN THE WORLD (YOU KNOW THE ONE THAT BROKE 200MPH ON THE SALT FLATS EARLY THIS YEAR) I DECIDED HE'D PROBABLY BE A GOOD CHOICE (ALTHOUGHT I KNOW THERE'S A HUGE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE RECORD BREAKER AND THE ONE THEY SELL TO US) BUT THE QUESTION IS IS IT REALLY WORTH THE $4000 PRICE TAG THEY PUT ON IT I KNOW I CAN PRETTY MYCH PICK OUT THE EXACT TURBOCHARGER I WANT FOR THAT AMOUNT, AND I HAVE HEARD SOME PRETTY NASTY SUPERCHARGER STORIES. IS TURBOCHARGING THE WAY TO GO? ALSO, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FAMILIAR WITH MY POSTS, I GOT A GOOD AMOUNT OF SPOON SPORTS GOODIES ( I EVEN BOUGH THE OIL PAN FOR SOME ODD REASON) AND WOULDN'T IT BE KINDA AN INSULT TO THE FORIGN CAR MARKET TO PUT A SUPERCHARGER ON A CAR FILLED WITH JDM GOODIES? NOT THAT IT'S A BIG DEAL, I GUESS THE REAL QUESTION IS VORTEC WORTH IT?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Read the stickies on the top for starters. The reseach the Vortech some more to see if they are a good setup for you. The kits do not come with the IC, but one is available for the SI. I don't know about the GSR at the moment however.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
First of all, don't yell.

2nd of all, when are you going to do 200 MPH on the streets or the track?

3rd, PLEASE do a search, this has been covered so many times before it's not funny.

4th, no it's not worth $4000.00 IMO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You had money brought to your attention? What the hell does that mean? Somebody just all of sudden reminded you that you had $4k laying around? If you've got a bunch of Spoon parts then you should keep it NA.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Keep it simple and reliable with the Jackson. Turbo's can be a headache and generate alot of heat. Jacksons have nice power curves, esp. torque, and you will apreciate that alot more on the streets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts