Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a T3/T4 57 trim turbotechnics turbine......would me upgrading the snail to a T4 be way to much?

Other than the turbo itself is there anything else i could upgrade to spool the turbo faster?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Viper_yellow said:
The specs on the turbo i would like to upgrade to is a Garrett t04b, 63(compressor) and 76(turbine; P-Trim) trim wheels with .60(compressor)and .58 a/r's
I suggest you take a little time and learn how to read compressor and turbine maps. You'll see that a full t4 will not be running in the most efficient range ;)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
upgrading to a bigger turbo doesnt = faster spool.

spooling faster, you can get higher CR pistons, mill the head to raise CR, and get an equal length manifold.

insteading looking for something to make the turbo spool faster, get a turbo that will spool effeciently w/ your motor. the t3 super 60 and t3/to4e 57trim are real good candidates for f22/h22.

heres a little thing i wrote on how to read compressor maps.
http://www.theaccordforums.com/showthread.php?t=60&referrerid=34

edit: i just read your other post, you have rhdune's old setup, on a stock internal f22 the ramhorn mani and that turbo should do just fine. think about upgrading turbo when you want to hit the 400whp range.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bonestock- upgrading to a bigger turbo = more power but like you mentioned more "lag"

I think I confused some......I know that by installing a bigger turbo it would take LONGER to spoil. Hence "lag"

A ball bearing turbo would spoil faster than a non ball bearing....My question was what else could I do apart from that could I make the T4 spoil faster? If im making no sense sorry.

Thanks for the link bonestock...im about to do some reading :D

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Spool faster?
Nitrous, Milled head, up the compression, ball bearing turbo, ported turbo manifold, ported and polished intake manifold and head, port matched throttle body, port matched exhaust ports on head
You could also go with a insulated intake manifold gasket so you get a colder air charge, that way you dont have to boost as much, or you could go all out and get the insulated throttle body, intake manifold, plenum and all those other gaskets too

Preventing lag as much as possible?
Not such a big turbo, keep all charge piping as short as you can and with fewer bends, no huge front mount intercoolers, etc..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know what i just realized this thread is worthless....a T3/T4 turbo is usually good to 500hp anyway....

Im sorry I had a "noobie" moment. Ever since i started modifiying my car i have changed my plans soooo many times.....I wanted to drop a F22B DOHC but then I sold my 2zz GE celica and I am leaning more towards a AWD or RWD car now.

A turbo charged 97 4 door accord will be on the market soon :eek:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Viper_yellow said:
You know what i just realized this thread is worthless....a T3/T4 turbo is usually good to 500hp anyway....

Im sorry I had a "noobie" moment. Ever since i started modifiying my car i have changed my plans soooo many times.....I wanted to drop a F22B DOHC but then I sold my 2zz GE celica and I am leaning more towards a AWD or RWD car now.

A turbo charged 97 4 door accord will be on the market soon :eek:
or you could sell me the mani and dp :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ :p .....the mani does look good dont it....rhunde16 did a bad ass job of fabricating it.

But that could be a possiblity.....since i sold my other car i may think about dropping in a H22 and using those mahle pistons so i dont have to sleeve it.

What to do....what to do..... :(

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Viper_yellow said:
^ :p .....the mani does look good dont it....rhunde16 did a bad ass job of fabricating it.

But that could be a possiblity.....since i sold my other car i may think about dropping in a H22 and using those mahle pistons so i dont have to sleeve it.

What to do....what to do..... :(
Circles of indecision lead to bad choices, and moments of haste lead to lots of waste..............slow down, sit down, figure out your final goals and keep them realistic.
Then decide a road, and venture down it without looking back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.