Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently driving a 2001 JDM Integra Type R DC2...w/ B18C
Im having some problems deciding for cams....
Currently i got my eyes on the new CROWER RACING CAMS..
Any suggestions???
Help me out!!!

IS this better than Toda C and JUN Stage 3 Cams???

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Not for Vtec/.
i would stick with crowers for non vtec apps, but foir vtec stick with what works. Jun., Toda, Skunk2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear itr206

I have made a thorough research between the new TODA D cams and compared to the Crower Race Cam...

The result was that the Toda D has a degree of 314 whereas,
the Crower Race Cam has a degree of 311...

Basically the Crower cam has sort of copied 90% of the new TODA D cam...so what do you think about this???

Anyway, thanks for the reply

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
not too bad . but i like to stick with whats proven time and time again .

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
take a look at both of their webpages and look at their respective dyno results, i think the crowers make a decent amount of power vs the skunk2...

my .02, if its worth that much

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Ever thought of Rocket cams.. :)

I personally think Toda is a much better cam then, JUN and crower. Both JUN and Crower have had a terrible history of breaking, installed properly with all their other compentents to compliment the cams, not a few cases but lots and lots of cases.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
ALL C5 said:
Ever thought of Rocket cams.. :)

I personally think Toda is a much better cam then, JUN and crower. Both JUN and Crower have had a terrible history of breaking, installed properly with all their other compentents to compliment the cams, not a few cases but lots and lots of cases.
OK so label me Lazy, I could care less but thats not On Topic.

Kinda surprised that noone decided to list the specs for the cams in question?

It's the combination of Lift & Duration.

And Toda D? What if I may ask is your intended application, Strip? Toda's USA website doesn't seem to list the Toda D; http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_b16a_b18c/camshafts.html or maybe I'm blind and retarded. Rhetorically of course.:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
All TODA parts are designed, tested, and manufactured using the IBM CATIA CAD/CAM/CAE system. This is the same system used by Honda, Boeing, Ferrari, Porsche, and other leading high technology manufacturers.

TODA Spec B & C camshafts have large primary and secondary lobes. This is a design pioneered by TODA over 6 years ago.

Type Duration (Lift mm) Valve Springs Req. Price
SPEC A IN 220 (6.0) - 290 (11.6) - 240 (9.0) Type-R* $460
EX 220 (5.5) - 280 (11.2) - 240 (8.5) Type-R* $460

SPEC B IN 250 (11.0) - 295 (12.0) - 250 (11.0) TODA Valve Spring Kit $490
EX 250 (11.0) - 285 (12.0) - 250 (11.0) TODA Valve Spring Kit $490

SPEC C IN 250 (11.0) - 295 (12.5) - 250 (11.0) TODA Valve Spring Kit $550
EX 250 (11.0) - 295 (12.5) - 250 (11.0) TODA Valve Spring Kit $550

Spec D or Killer Cams Type D uration (Lift mm)
Intake 285 12.0 295 12.0 305 12.0
Exhaust 285 11.5 295 11.5 305 11.5

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I hear the Jun's are a bit more agressive than the Todas..then again i've only had experience w/ Toda A's for the k20a2 and the Toda A's (version II's) for the f20c

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
ArtcbluRsx said:
I hear the Jun's are a bit more agressive than the Todas..then again i've only had experience w/ Toda A's for the k20a2 and the Toda A's (version II's) for the f20c
JUN's tend to have more top end power, not much but some...they lack on mid-range...where Toda shines is in mid-range and falls slightly short on top, but is only a few hundred RPMs short of the JUN's in the top end and only like 5 less peak hp, and the toda's have much better mid-range.

If you want a drag cam, then go with skunk2 or JUN(if you want to take your chances)..if you want a mid-range cam then go toda...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts