Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might be a lame question for u guys but i really wanna know.
Is Del Sol Parts same as Civic Parts? Or similar?
Since it's at least a 8-10 yr old car by now, it's engine or whatever will start to deteriorate. So i'm afraid that if i wanna change the parts will it be difficult to find. :fear
thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
what parts? engine,tranny etc. yes. body parts, no

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The del Sol also shares the same suspension as a 92-95 Civic and 94-01 Integra. I don't know if strut bars and sway bars will fit them all, but when it comes to struts, springs, coils, and camber kits then they will fit all 3 cars.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
dsrspwr said:
The del Sol also shares the same suspension as a 92-95 Civic and 94-01 Integra. I don't know if strut bars and sway bars will fit them all, but when it comes to struts, springs, coils, and camber kits then they will fit all 3 cars.

strut bars work too....so do the brakes (entire braking system)
everything in the engine bay is the same

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
soul 93 said:
strut bars work too....so do the brakes (entire braking system)
everything in the engine bay is the same
O'RLY!?!

I know the traction bars work too, I'm going to pick me up some Lakewood's after the holidays.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
if its a d15 then most civics dx/lx/hf/eg will have the same parts. if b16 then the parts may be a tad harder to find at a yard but you can always order them. what year/model do you have or looking to get?

PS-i was in a wreck and it took the body shop 3 months to get all the right parts in!(hood fixed, new bumper/fender, headlight/housing, right front quarter panel, and door. then the right color paint had to be made and applied. so the engine parts should be no prob, its the body youll have to worry about.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
ksniperfox said:
the engine is the same as the crx si and i think the 97+ civic ex? (for a Z6) if its a d15b7 then most civics dx/lx/hf/eg will have the same parts. if b16 then the parts may be a tad harder to find at a yard but you can always order them. what year/model do you have or looking to get?

PS-i was in a wreck and it took the body shop 3 months to get all the right parts in!(hood fixed, new bumper/fender, headlight/housing, right front quarter panel, and door. then the right color paint had to be made and applied. so the engine parts should be no prob, its the body youll have to worry about.

DONT spread misinformation!!!!!!!!if youre not sure dont say it... or make it obvious that you are not sure

no del sol has the same motor as any crx (usdm)
the d16z6 is 92-95 (civic ex or del sol si....sohc vtec).... d16y8 is 96-up (civic ex or del sol si....sohc vtec)
the d15s are the same in coresponding years aswell

all del sol body parts are the same with the exception of the front bumper 96-up not having aux lights
the paint probably had to be blended becasue it was most likely faded

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:
DONT spread misinformation!!!!!!!!if youre not sure dont say it... or make it obvious that you are not sure

no del sol has the same motor as any crx (usdm)
the d16z6 is 92-95 (civic ex or del sol si....sohc vtec).... d16y8 is 96-up (civic ex or del sol si....sohc vtec)
the d15s are the same in coresponding years aswell

all del sol body parts are the same with the exception of the front bumper 96-up not having aux lights
the paint probably had to be blended becasue it was most likely faded
i apologize for the mis-information. i will edit the post. and the paint was brand new when i bought the car(9 months ago?)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
im sorry if i came off like an asshole.....but some of these people will jsut take anyones word for anything.. and might run into problems down the road becasue of it.............(not like im always right) :rolleyes

·
Registered
7 Posts
what about aftermarket stuff like springs and shocks? Can a aftermarket 92-95 civic springs/shocks fit a 93-97 del sol?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
yeah im pretty sure they will work, i even have 96-00 civic springs on my sol right now, i was pissed because i thought h&r sent the wrong ones but when i called they said they were made the same between the two, ether way i love them even if they werent made for my car

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
DSM2ners said:
what about aftermarket stuff like springs and shocks? Can a aftermarket 92-95 civic springs/shocks fit a 93-97 del sol?
94-01 Integra, 92-95 Civic, and the del Sol have the same suspension.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
dsrspwr said:
94-01 Integra, 92-95 Civic, and the del Sol have the same suspension.
a buddy of mine is selling his 88 civic and the strut and sway bars bolted right up to mine :p

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
ksniperfox said:
a buddy of mine is selling his 88 civic and the strut and sway bars bolted right up to mine :p
He had strut and sway bars on an 88 Civic? Wow.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
dsrspwr said:

yeah..they work too....and CRX

the 96 up civic the only dif in suspension is the rear struts (slightly dif mounting) everything else works....or wait maybe thats the front struts..one or the other

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
dsrspwr said:
yeah, it handled like a motherfucker. then the engine went :bye :lmao
now mine handles like a motherfucker :bomb

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
soul 93 said:
what suspension work do you have done?
not a whole lot, what i meant is that it handles much better than stock.
but, some coilovers and strut and sway bars on the front and back. could be much better i know, need the actual struts, and a camber kit now too. or my tire tread goes down the drain. :(

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
your car will handle better w/o a camber kit....just eats tires faster

i dont use a camber kit...most guys on here dont

·
Registered
1 Posts
what about exhuasts? i want to get an exhuast for a del sol, but i cant find any for a Del Sol, but i find a bunch for civic coupes and hatchbacks... what works?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts