Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK! me and my friend installed my TOKICO BLUES w/ H&R SPORTS.I am pretty sure we did every thing right.But the problem I have is that the drive side is LOWER! than the passenger side:confused: :mad:.The camber on the driver side is more negeative than that of the passenger side.Could this be the reason that the Driver side is lower,b/c of the negative camber??? Does the camber effect the drop of the car??? I was thinking of adjusting the camber to more negative on the passenger side to see if it made any difference,cuz there is a big difference.It would help me out alot for ppls' opinion's or someone that knows what the problem is.I will try the camber adjustment and keep everyone posted if it makes a difference.THANKS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,520 Posts
Wait awhile, and give the springs time to settle. If that doesn't work, you may have put a front spring in the back, or the other way around. The springs are marked, to show which go on front, and which go on back. Other than that .. i dunno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
The same thing happend to me too. Not only in the accord, but my previous car too. Its because the driver side settles more becasue you are always...always in there. you just need someone in your passenger seat to even it out:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shdwninja said:
The same thing happend to me too. Not only in the accord, but my previous car too. Its because the driver side settles more becasue you are always...always in there. you just need someone in your passenger seat to even it out:D
No way!!! please tell me u are not serious...So u are telling me that I need to have some one with me so the springs will settle faster.....LMAO,or just some one to ride with me when i show off my car so it will be even....LMAO,that is funny:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did hear something bout the way the springs are made.It has something to do with the weight of the enging being heavier on one side than the other...I don't know it is what I heard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jschmid said:
I have H&R sports...never had the problem you are talking about.
I am so happy for u...I have talked to alot o ppl and they have the same problem I do but,I am glad there is some one that doesn't have to worry.I didn't get to the camber Adjustment I was talking bout doing,SO I did something else.....It is funny so u ppl are probably going to laugh.I took some heavy BRICKS from my friends back yard and put them on the passenger side floors,front and back...lol this way there will be a load on the passenger side so it will be even and it will settle faster...I have come to a conclusion..Since I am always most of the time driving buy my self.. I put 156 lbs on the driver side,so I am guessing that is why the driver side is lower,So I need to put the same weight on the passenger side to even it out and make the springs settle.I will let everyone know how this works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
H&R guarantees their springs not to settle. how mush of a difference is there? my civic has about a quarter inch difference. it was that way with the stock springs also. i even went to the dealer and measured several new cars and they were the same. my thought is that the engine is farther to the left and thus there is a bit more weight on that side which makes that side a little lower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xray11 said:
H&R guarantees their springs not to settle. how mush of a difference is there? my civic has about a quarter inch difference. it was that way with the stock springs also. i even went to the dealer and measured several new cars and they were the same. my thought is that the engine is farther to the left and thus there is a bit more weight on that side which makes that side a little lower.
Well.. Before I put the BRICKS in there on the passenger side I had a two finger gap and on the driver side I have a pinky finger Gap.Now with the BRICKS in the passenger side I have almost a pinky gap and the drive side is still the same...Maybe this will work for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
SuPeRaCcOrD said:
It is funny so u ppl are probably going to laugh.I took some heavy BRICKS from my friends back yard and put them on the passenger side floors,front and back...lol
You're right, that did make me laugh! :D Seriously though, I hope that works out for you. I've actually never heard of this problem, I have some friends with H&R's on their sixth gen Accords, no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Spring settlement should not be an issue. All quality spring maker pre-compress the spring fully before shipment. this is because over time the metal will elastically stretch and not fully return. I could go into detail but lets not bore anyone more then needed. If your springs are sagging over time it wasn't properly designed and or fully compressed before your purchase. It's hard to beleave a quality spring manufactorer like H&R would do this.

I would double check installation agian. Assuming they are installed correctly they should sit in the same angles as your car did stock. In additon, could your shocks be mis-installed. Was their a dedicated right and left front shock? Could they be switched? Many after market shocks come in right and left sides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
its true, it happened to my car too, if you dont have passengers often in ur passenger side, say u weigh 140, put 140's of weight on the other side of the car, it is all about the spring settlement....cuz my side use to b lower too, but u just even out the weight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK! guys I adjusted my camber on the front driver side.It worked it made it even with the pasenger side.I haven't figured out how to adjust my rear camber,still trying to figure it out.There is another thing I saw today,the driver side spring when I raised my car up on the jack I jacked it as high as it can go and I can move the top of the spring out of place(move it from left to right w/ my hand.),I did the same thing on the passenger side and I couldn't move it out of place.I lowered each side slow to look at the springs compress,it looks like the driver side takes longer to compress,making it lower.The passenger side compresses right away making it less far to travel down before compressing all the way making it higher.I DON"T KNOW it is really getting too me I am depressed over this shit,it pisses me off to see my car not right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
SuPeRaCcOrD said:
OK! guys I adjusted my camber on the front driver side.It worked it made it even with the pasenger side.I haven't figured out how to adjust my rear camber,still trying to figure it out.There is another thing I saw today,the driver side spring when I raised my car up on the jack I jacked it as high as it can go and I can move the top of the spring out of place(move it from left to right w/ my hand.),I did the same thing on the passenger side and I couldn't move it out of place.I lowered each side slow to look at the springs compress,it looks like the driver side takes longer to compress,making it lower.The passenger side compresses right away making it less far to travel down before compressing all the way making it higher.I DON"T KNOW it is really getting too me I am depressed over this shit,it pisses me off to see my car not right.
Something is WRONG with your setup! You should not be able to move the spring aroung on the strut when you jack up your car all the way! And have 1 side camber different then the other so that your car is even is not a GOOD thing eather!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HKSPower said:
Something is WRONG with your setup! You should not be able to move the spring aroung on the strut when you jack up your car all the way! And have 1 side camber different then the other so that your car is even is not a GOOD thing eather!
DAMN!!! can u suggest anything???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
I would double check the spring numbers. Their should be specific numbers on the springs. Make sure both front springs have the same number or at least right and left complementary numbers. If your spring is that loose you may not have a matched set.

Or if the passenger side is good (you think.)
pull them both out and make sure they are identically assembled and that you didn't misalign the spring perches.

When you set your springs onto the struts with the compressor did you tighten the top lock nut down to the proper torque spec?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MrChad said:
I would double check the spring numbers. Their should be specific numbers on the springs. Make sure both front springs have the same number or at least right and left complementary numbers. If your spring is that loose you may not have a matched set.

Or if the passenger side is good (you think.)
pull them both out and make sure they are identically assembled and that you didn't misalign the spring perches.

When you set your springs onto the struts with the compressor did you tighten the top lock nut down to the proper torque spec?
I didn't us a COMPRESSOR,me and my friend pushed the spring down with our muscles far enough to get the top mounting assembly on the strut.And we tightened the top with a Rench,I had to hold the top of the strut with the Alen Key so the strut would'nt spin.I am seriously thinking of going back to COILS,GroundCountrol if I do.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top