Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am a newbie, and the first time posting, just wanted to know if it really worth it spendin at least $2000 in my car. i have a 95 ex and i bought it last year with 91000 miles on int, now it has 110000 and i've done my research and really want to do some modifications (e/i/h) also wanted to replace the springs and shocks, i really love the car, what do you thinK? thanks for any responses!

·
Registered
17 Posts
if u liek the car go for it. i got a 97 dx that i am putting mad cash into a h22a4 swap so if u like the car go for it. also u already got vtec so u should be good to do bolt ons and such. depending on if u want to go show or go. just before u start check for prices some places will rip u off hard you have to watch for that shit. good luck

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Yeah, it would be worth it to mod your car, but not go with the i/h/e route IMO. With that kind of money, and some research, you can piece together your own custom turbo kit where you will definitely see some results. :)

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
you already have a decent starting platform, but i/h/e will benefit the car if you decide to go n/a -- a cam with new springs and retainers with those bolt-ons will give a decent jump in noticeable performance... also you have one of the best ecu's there is to tune -- so you dont have to worry about emissions too much with the older platform.

with $2k you could get a greddy turbo kit, but with as high of mileage as you have, i wouldn't recommend it without doing compression & leakdown test to make sure the motor wont go on you.

all in all if you plan on holding onto the car for awhile, i'd go for it. i've had my car for 5 years, once the mod bug hits you, its hard to quit (kinda like smokin rocks)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey! thanx for all the responses guys. maybe what i forgot to say is that i would like to invest half in performance and the other half in "looks". My car got broken into and my stereo was gone and they also vandalized my car and i would like for it to look kinda good

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
nobody can tell you what is worth it or not on YOUR car... i can tell you what i would or would not do, and so can other people, but its all up to you...

if you like the car and you really wanna mod it, it is ABSOLUTELY worth it

if you want to cover it with stickers, go away please...LOL

i would go for it bro...

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Yeah it's all about what you want from your car.

I've spent about 8k total doing stuff to my car and there's still not to much to show for it.

I plan on putting another 3k or so into it this summer also.

And my car is a 93 ex coupe....If I were to sell it now I bet I couldn't get more than 4500-5k for it.

But I do it because it's what I love...even if it's the worst investment ever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohh, yeah, i've heard that stickers will add at least 15 more horse power :D LOL I DEFINATELY want to stay away from all those "ricer" stickers (sorry if i offend anyone) I have worked hard enough and i am realy goint to mod my car now that i've discovered the power of VTEC!

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
my suggestions :

1) Take your time and do your homework
2) Make good use of the product review forum
3) Come up with a plan before you spend a single dime
4) Keep it clean. Too much "bling" and you will attract unwanted attention to your car.
5) Do the work yourself.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
kommon_sense said:
my suggestions :

1) Take your time and do your homework
2) Make good use of the product review forum
3) Come up with a plan before you spend a single dime
4) Keep it clean. Too much "bling" and you will attract unwanted attention to your car.
5) Do the work yourself.

i think 5 deserves the most weight...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts