Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know the differences between the Base and SH models of the 5G prelude...
but what I wanna know is if it is worth it to get the SH over the Base.

Basically around me the base is about ~11-12k
And for the 2 SH's I can find theyre ~14k

So is it worth the extra money to buy a SH over the Base

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
yea, you need to figure out what you wanna do with the car. If you're leavin it stock, the SH comes with some nice features, and stock for stock is more fun to drive in corners. If you are lookin to seriously mod the car, get a base. You'll overload the ATTS and probably ditch it in favor of an LSD anyway....

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have an SH and I regret getting it. The 5 HP more and the atts isnt worth spending the 3k more for. Ive already ditched the atts and took out a lot of un-needed parts. The main problem most of us Luders have is the weight issue. Bases are lighter to begin with so go for the base!

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
SUDUCTIV3 said:
I have an SH and I regret getting it. The 5 HP more and the atts isnt worth spending the 3k more for. Ive already ditched the atts and took out a lot of un-needed parts. The main problem most of us Luders have is the weight issue. Bases are lighter to begin with so go for the base!
its only 5 horse power more from 99-01 over 97-98

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My idea was to do some basic mods, I/H/E suspension, and maybe some nitrous later on

i want it as a daily driver (but i dont drive all that far) and then on the weekends take it to auto-X events to have some fun with it

·
Registered
210 Posts
imho... get a base, pay an extra +/-$1500 for an LSD and install cost and you will have better cornering over ATTS at less cost and the ability to hold more hp over an SH

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
DjDriftX said:
My idea was to do some basic mods, I/H/E suspension, and maybe some nitrous later on

i want it as a daily driver (but i dont drive all that far) and then on the weekends take it to auto-X events to have some fun with it
If thats all your gonna do, you'd be fine with either one, but if youre goin over a 100 shot or serious boosting then Id go with the base lude with lsd (and upgrade internals).

Stock for stock the sh is more fun cause it really does feel like a rwd car -slightly diff from lsd, but as youve heard, it's a smidgen heavier and doesn't like big power upgrades. Just make sure it isn't the SS tranny :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.