Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine is B18C1 GSR

So this weekend me and my friend put my head back on and intake with new head gasket and other gaskets, put timing belt back on ect. And reconnect everything and we turned it over a few times without any of the plug wires in to see if there was any interferance and check everything did this about 6 times. Then we put plugs in and cranked it and it back fired once. One of the wires was in wrong place. Then we fix the wire and crank it over again and it starts leaking oil like crazy from back side and sides of motor. We find that the oil is coming from the head gasket witch is BRAND NEW so my friend says since we had that back fire the head warped or something. Everything was torqued to spec. We still tried turning it over and it still wouldnt start just leak more oil :/. So then we take the head off and we couldnt see anything wrong with the head gasket so i dont know what to do now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn hmm well will try that after looking at it for 10 minutes i see where it says up. Will any oil on it hurt it or anything or make it leak? Or how do i go about really cleaning it? I cleaned it up some but its not bone dry :/. Can i spray brake clearner on it or no? it is metal.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
why did you have to chance the head gasket in the first place?
are you sure the head was seated on the block properly and that the
head was torqued down to the right specs and in the right sequence?

·
Registered
409 Posts
you sure u have the head gasket the proper way? i know u said it says up, but u sure that u dont have it the wrong way with it still pointing up? make sure the head gasket matches up with block/head in all the corners and angles. is it oem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.