Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm boosting above say 3psi or something my ECU throws the "Absolute Manifold Pressure" error code. I've got the JR Map Controller; shouldn't it prevent this error? On my VAFC the pressure never goes above 0012 or something. What's happening?

Also when this happens I get the VTEC error code. Is the VTEC being turned off as a safety precation becose of the first error code?

At normal driving I have noe problems...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
The V-AFC pressure never goes above 0012 because it's wired in after or inline to the JRMC in the line of engine -> jrmc -> v-afc -> ecu OR engine => jrmc + v-afc => ecu.
If you want the it to see the pressure, it needs to be wired as engine -> v-afc -> jrmc -> ecu. Check your wiring at the ECU and V-AFC, you probably have a loose connection or something shorting out a bit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes my wiring is "engine -> jrmc -> v-afc -> ecu". I have a boost gauge so i don't really care if the VAFC sees actual boost or not. The JRMC should still prevent the error code shouldn't it? I mean, that's pretty much what it does, right?

But I'll check all the wires alltough I believe I did a good job soldering them :)
And the VTEC error is probably a result of the MAP error code?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I believe the vtec error is probably a result of the map error code, however I can't be certain, and the question is probably more suited to an ECU expert, perhaps the civic-tech forum? I never did get the absolute manifold pressure code on my setup which was at one time exactly the same as yours, however, i constantly got A/F too rich/lean.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get a 8psi alternator pulley and a LM-1 or PLX soon and try to tune it...if I can't get it right with my setup I'll go for Uberdata.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts