Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so my 94 ex buzzes. When I first turn it over, a buzzing noise comes out from the engine bay. I've never heard it while driving (but I don't think I would be able to), but I have heard it sitting in traffic. When I first start up, it'll buzz for maybe 3-5 seconds. If I haven't driven it for a while, it might buzz a little longer. When I hear it in traffic it just buzzes for maybe a second or two. I wonder if it's power steering pump or something. It hasn't had any effects on mpg or power, so I don't think it's anything serious. Any ideas peeps?

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
when does it buzz?? when you turn the wheel? the only thing i can think of buzzing would be the power steering... did you check it to make sure the resivor is full?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PS Resevoir is full. I usually keep an eye on that anyways. It buzzes at idle. When I turn the wheel it doesn't buzz louder or longer, nor will it begin to buzz.

Do accords have oil pumps? I was thinking, if it does it when I haven't driven in a while, it would make sense that the oil pump would have to work a little harder. But I have no fucking clue. My mechanical knowledge is limited to the problems I have fixed or run into on my own car, and this I've never heard of.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
i dont think it would be the oil pump.. hmmm

oh!!

how new is the alternator? could very well be that. they whine when the bearing start to go bad... and if it only does it onec and a while.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the alternator is piss old. And I've had a system for about tow and a half years.

Why would it only buzz for a few seconds and then quit though?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup it is the ABS, you might want to check your fluid level just in case .. I have a leak somewhere and I have to add fluid everyonce in a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts