Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
gurusan said:
Well the 06 Si is a pretty nice car but it's a hell of a lot more than 21k.
Depends on the dealership, some aren't marking them up. But there is a LONG waiting list for one. I was at the Honda dealer about an 06 SI last week.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i was to order one now then i would have it in less than 2 months they told me. its about 20700... but i may b able to get dealer costs im working on it. is the K20 good?? is there any mods available on the engine or no.. the car comes out to about 21500 after tax and stuff.... i think im getting it. any 1 know sites that actually has things available on the 06 si

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i like the s2k but i cannot deal with the 2 seats.. i need the 5... and i think the 06 si looks really nice compared to the s2k (same as it looked before...) i like the changes... any 1 know sites for mods on the 06 si?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
gurusan said:
Well the 06 Si is a pretty nice car but it's a hell of a lot more than 21k.
wow i havent looked at prices for the 06 si but shit u serious?? alot over 21k? wtf...might as well get the RSX or s2000 den

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are not way over 21k... who the hell needs navigation??... learn the damn roads haha.... fully loaded no nav is 21k... with nav is like 23 or so... its like 19500 without anything and the "aero kit" is $1300 ....

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I said that because dealers have been marking them up like crazy because of demand. Things might be different now though cuz they've been out for several months

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Did you just say $16k down? Not $1,600? Now I'm confused.... why would a person buy a brand new Civic if they had $16k in hand?

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
garyward said:
they are not way over 21k... who the hell needs navigation??... learn the damn roads haha.... fully loaded no nav is 21k... with nav is like 23 or so... its like 19500 without anything and the "aero kit" is $1300 ....
it is all about the bling factor, if you buy new, may as well get the options

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im thinking 06 si as base as it gets with the si body kit.
buy own rims
find some mods ( i have no idea where to start, cannot find any)
get a system. etc. no need navi and that stuff.. i dont really care about bling.. the car alone is bling enough. rims will do more as well... y pay 2k for something unnecessary and useless

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
garyward said:
yes 16500 down... i had an 05 civic ex SE but i totalled it... pics at myspace.com/gary_ward...... and i got 17500 from insurance minus 1k deductable... yes 16k...
Ok... so you DO have $16k, if you owned the other car free and clear. So... why a Civic? And why a NEW one, at that?
I mean, yeah, a Civic is a great car to get if you are low on funds and want a decent car... you know, if you are trying to SAVE money. Buying a NEW car, though, NEVER saves money. If I had the cash to blow on a NEW Civic, I'd be MUCH more inclined to get a couple year old car that is >>> a Civic would ever be.
I'm pretty much trying to figure out what exactly you are thinking going into this whole thing....

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just bought the new Si.
22,600 total. Bone stock. None of that FP shit that the dealership will charge a premium for. 5.75% interest. Just like a kick to the nuts. Yay.
The biggest complaint is that the K20Z3 has NO torque. Hp is okay, but seems weak for a 2.0L. I'm only 4days in, and 450miles on the motor, I bought it with 10miles on the motor. The gearing is relatively short, but fun. Hondas are obviously back to drive by wire, so the clutch is ungodly soft. I don't know if that's a bad thing for you or not, but I hate soft clutches, feels like water.
Interior is alright. The two tier guages are cool to look at in the beginning but get a little annoying but then you get used to it because the speed/rpm gauges used to be next to each other. But there's the blinking light that tells you to upshift so it doesn't really matter if you look at the rpm gauge or not.
It's going to suck if something goes wrong with the motor, and you're going to fix it yourself. The motor sits underneath the windshield, so if anything major happens you have to raise the car and drop the motor.
A small problem is where the window buttons are, it's a bit far back. So that annoys me. The sound system is good for stock. There's a decent bump to the small sub and speakers, so I'm happy with that.
That's all I can think of at the moment.
Intake, headers, exhuast and Hondata, and then the engine will be fun to drive with. Stock it's enough to pass on the freeway. There really isn't any torque, but there's a soft/smooth HP pull to pass even in the higher gears.

I was orginally going to get the Type-S, but the manager at mac churchill was a fucking asshole. The dealership in fort worth off I35 and north 820. They wouldn't sell me a Type-S for less than 24,000. I was willing to put a 10,000 down. Assholes.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.