Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband has a '94 VTEC Sol, and he just got the clutch replaced about a year ago. He doesn't grind gears, and is easy on the clutch. For the past week he says the pedal seems to push in more than usual and he has a VERY hard time getting it into gear. It just doesn't seem to be working like it usually does. Can someone tell me what to look for if the clutch is going out? When I had my '87 celica years ago mine went out, but I can't remember how it drove before it went out. I just can't imagine it going out so soon, especially since we got it done at the Honda dealership. He is taking it in tomorrow to have our friend at the dealership look at it, but I just wanted to see if someone could advise me on this. I am pretty sure they do a 1yr or 12k mile warranty so hopefully we're still within the year and he doesn't have to spend an arm and a leg to get his sol fixed.

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
could be a leaking master cylinder, or something else, possible bent shifter fork. When the car is off does it go into gears normally?

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
when your car is turned off, are you supposed to be able to shift into gear easily?...just curious, bc if that's the way it's supposed to be then I think I am in trouble...mine goes into gear but sometimes I have to throw it in a couple times to get it there, like with first gear but after I get it in, it goes through all the gears just fine...anyways, I just thought someone could possibly gimme a lil info on that...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, he took it in today and the master cylinder was the problem. I guess he had some leakage on the inside of the car around the top of the clutch pedal. It's going to be about a $200 fix...

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
???

new master cylinder should be about 70 bux on ebay...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts