Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
.............u got some better idea for a car. hehe I'll have to finance the rest of the car but I will have about 3-4k to drop on downpayment........and a 600-650 credit rating.
INFINITI G35....

PERSONALLY I'D DEAL WITH TWO DOORS AND 4SEATS (INSTEAD OF 4DR) AND GO WITH THE COUPE (EXTRA 20 HP TOO)

·
Registered
685 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Yea the Accord is for the trunk room, the interior and leg room, comfort and something im familiar with. I'd really jump on the S14 evil eyes platform for butt blinding speed at cheaper cost if I wanted just speed. Thing is, i need the 4drs and the comfort plus the system too. I've not driven a 240 but been in one and it was quite sexy too. I've driven the SRT-4 neon and that is a fast ass lil car too. I've been around SHO for a while and been giving what I can on advice and such so that would account for my post count #'s. I really like to research my ish to the fullest before starting on a project because less money is spent er......wasted in this fashion. Actually gonna go suspension tech for the sway bars and also getting a ureathane bushing set as well. I've been in a 5gen lude and hated every minute of it, there's just not enough room for me in there. hahhahaah
DC I understand is overrated on some stuff and I take turns like.....well.........harder and faster than I should on my stock honda right now hahahaha. Once my credit rating gets somewhat good I am actually going to sell off or part out my 4th gen and then go take my tax return and some money saved up and go grab me an accord. Unless..................u got some better idea for a car. hehe I'll have to finance the rest of the car but I will have about 3-4k to drop on downpayment........and a 600-650 credit rating.
Sorry about the late reply. Well, let's see. If you want to stay true to Honda and want room, then an Accord is a good car for that. But if you want to go outside Honda, well there are a lot of choices including Q45's, Legends, Maximas, and etc.

But for argument sake, let's say you start off with an Accord. Same story. For one, you could drop in a H22/H23, go "all-motor" and tune it for high-RPM power. The downfall to that is that power'll be peaky and may go against some of the comfort and luxury qualities of the Accord. Put in a turbocharger kit with a 3.0" exhaust and you can call it a day for your engine. It'll have good amonts of torque and power and unless, if you want to extract max performance, it'll be plenty fast right after those two mods excluding engine swap. If you want to spend less, just turbo your F22. But you'll have less choices in shopping for a F22/F23 turbo kit than with an H22 turbo kit: Drag, F-max, and Turbonetics (learned recently from latest SCC). Factor in an increase of about 50% stock horsepower with a mild boosted turbo and you can have about 174 WHP for a F22. Since H22's are high-compression from stock, you can't boost too much without using engine management, retarding the timing, or lowering the C/R (depowering also) of the stock H22. So I doubt that you can get more than 210 WHP on a bolt-on turbo kit. With mods to boost more, of course you can get more. But with a H23 (lower compression ratio than H22), you can have higher boost safely and net maybe 200 WHP. Also the good thing about the H23 is the tranny that mates with it. The H23 tranny has longer gears which allows the turbo to give a "longer" boost and for you to build more power than shifting quickly as in the close-ratio tranny mated to H22's. Some of what I just wrote now is based on calculations and assumptions from what I know about H22/H23. It might not be totally accurate.

In any case, if you go turbo, you obviously know that the kit will come with an intake piping (specific to the turbo kit) and a turbo manifold, so it's best to turbo a stock engine spec car than one with intake/header/exhaust because of the money wasted in taking those out. You'll probably want 2.75" to 3.0" turbo depending on how much you want to boost out of the turbo. The problem is that if you go with a 2.75" to 3.0" exhaust before putting in a turbo kit, you'll lose lots of low-end (torque) due to little to no backpressure.

As for suspension, the sway bar you mentioned is good. The bushings will also help. But I hope you know that polyurethane bushings will make your Accord pretty firm and less comfy. Wrap teflon tape around the bushings or lubricate it with other means (i.e. grease) to prevent the common "polyurethane bushings squeaking". If you wanted to put in more money, I'd suggest Tein height and damper adjustable coil-overs because they'll give you both comfort and handling (by setting your damper on a relative soft setting and lowering the height of the springs).

Besides the engine and suspension, the Accord should be upgraded with better brakes. Brembo Sport Slotted brake rotors up front with Hawk HPS street pads in Goodridge brake lines will do good. And for the rear, Brembo blank with Hawk HPS street pads with Goodridge brake lines.

If you know www.groupbuycenter.com, buy your parts when they have inventory clearances or a really big sale. Only problem will be to find a place to put all these parts before putting them in your car.

With a turbo H22/H23/F23, a nice coil-over suspension with sways and upgraded brakes, you should have a very good Accord in your hands. Don't forget to get your Accord in a manual because the performance difference (0-60 and 1/4-mile) between a manual and an auto is a lot!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey I have a simple solution to your problem. Your car is still new with low miles. Just sell it for about 14-16K. Take the money and run as fast as you can to the nearest Suby dealer and get a used WRX. An 02 should be about 15K more or less with good mileage. Then put about 3K worth of parts from Vishnu and poof......you have what you want....well maybe not. You will problably have alot more than you wanted at the wheels but who is counting.....

Disclaimer: I LOVE my Hondas people....still have my Gen 6 Accord EX 5 spd but its not worth trying to make fast....She is just too heavy, so so gearing, and small aftermarket support outside of eyecandy stuff......:confused

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Ridge Racer said:
Hey I have a simple solution to your problem. Your car is still new with low miles. Just sell it for about 14-16K. Take the money and run as fast as you can to the nearest Suby dealer and get a used WRX. An 02 should be about 15K more or less with good mileage. Then put about 3K worth of parts from Vishnu and poof......you have what you want....well maybe not. You will problably have alot more than you wanted at the wheels but who is counting.....

Disclaimer: I LOVE my Hondas people....still have my Gen 6 Accord EX 5 spd but its not worth trying to make fast....She is just too heavy, so so gearing, and small aftermarket support outside of eyecandy stuff......:confused
who says all 6gens are slow?

14.2s full interior

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Ridge Racer said:
So how much did you spend to get her into the low 14s...?
about $5k blindly with no information anywhere on how to do the swap....pretty much my mistakes cost me some money, but you can avoid them since i put a writeup on sho

·
Registered
164 Posts
well i got a f22a4 90 ex sudden
16-17's stock
but i can pull low 15's in mines
2 weeks from now i plan to add p&p intake manifold, aftermarket springs/retainer, walbro pump and a 65 shot.
should put me in the 14's or better.
my goal is to get my car running 14's all motor and 13s or better off spray.
we got to keep it real tho. folks running 15's or better in a F series motor is pretty good, cause we're really not given to much to work with...lol :p

my current mods are:

3inch air intake
bored JG TB
soon to have p&p intake manifold
mild p&p head
after market springs
soon to have after market retainers
272 gude cam
aem cam gear
4-2-1 performance header
str8 pipe
exhaust (of corse)
full msd ignition upgrade
Adjustable FPR
short shifter
and some more stuff, cant remember.

plan to also get some performance piston/rods and maybe the bottom end sleeved so i can juice up to 100, then im cool with that.

its hard tryna get a 17second car to the 14-13second range.....we deserve hugs........:cry .....:p ......;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Who said F23A1 VTEC engine leaks the after market ????

I just race my friend accord 1998 ( F23A1 VETC ) with mine 2004 accord 2.4 i-VETC

With his mileage at 58,000 km I was hardly to beat him on the Hi-way above the 180 km/h then i start to fly after him , cuase he accelrate before me 2 seconds

and I give him 3 lights when I was at max speed 220 km/h

-------------------------
-------------------------

and about the after market parts I suggest you save money for this kid

http://www.turbo-kits.com/accord_turbo_kits.html

You will get a direct 75-100 whp with stock engine without working on intrenals at 6 psi boost

the turbo Effiency is 450+ hp but you need to work on intrenals which will really cost you more money

but consdiering your current whp 140-160 whp range you can go above the 240 whp with stock parts which this means you will run at the range of the new accord v6 monsters

but as much whp you are looking for as more money you have to spent ,,,

I suggest you forget about the headers and waste of money parts save for a good turbo charger whcih will give you a direct 100 whp

For Engines: F22, F23, H23, H22
Boost: 8 PSI
HP Gain: 75-100 WHP (safely on stock engine)
Turbo Effiency: 400hp
Direct Bolt-On: Yes
Warranty: 1 Year

Brand: FMAX
Desc: 98-02 Honda Accord
Type: Stage II
Price: $3399.00

FMAX Accord Turbo Kits Include:
- T3/T04B Turbonetics Turbo
- Thermocoated Cast-Steel Turbo Manifold
- Thermocoated Mandrel-Bent Downpipe
- Turbonetics Evolution 35mm Wastegate
- Spearco W.A.V.E Front-Mount Intercooler
- MF2 ERL 3D Map Injector Controller
- MSD Boost Timing Manager (BTM)
- 440cc Lucas Fuel Injectors (2)
- Turbonetics Raptor Bypass Valve (BOV)
- AUTO METER Boost Gauge Kit
- Turbonetics Boost Controller
- 2 Bar Map Sensor
- K&N Air Filter
- (1) Case TS-1 Synthetic Turbo Oil
- Install Instructions & Wiring Diagrams
- All Necessary Hardware & Fittings

I have the same story here for my civic 2003 D17
as many people told me you will not find even a stage one turbo kit for your civic d17 engine ,,

Don't even try to sawp your current F23 VETC anyone tell you that relize his as a noob and he even don't anything just lossing his cash on a shit sawps and finally he will end spending 6000 $ for just a 220 whp :p

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
because i was still romping on accords w/ turbo kits around road courses in my NA H22

edit: h22 - $1800 complete
mounts: $300
NA build: $1800

NA reliability > turbo reliability

a lil less horsepower, but still more responsive which makes a better road course setup.......if you wanna drag your honda, the accord isn't the one to be dragging

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
because i was still romping on accords w/ turbo kits around road courses in my NA H22

edit: h22 - $1800 complete
mounts: $300
NA build: $1800

NA reliability > turbo reliability

a lil less horsepower, but still more responsive which makes a better road course setup.......if you wanna drag your honda, the accord isn't the one to be dragging
Arent you assuming most people do the slap and go method?
the engine is not goin in the car for at least 6 months in which time i am re-sleeving, doing the rods and pistons and also a port and polish. looking at a greddy kit right now but may go with the original t3/t4 setup i had in mind........still thinking about it but at the same time looking to pay this car off by end of the year..... (a whole 24 months BEFORE my loan is due)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
Arent you assuming most people do the slap and go method?
the engine is not goin in the car for at least 6 months in which time i am re-sleeving, doing the rods and pistons and also a port and polish. looking at a greddy kit right now but may go with the original t3/t4 setup i had in mind........still thinking about it but at the same time looking to pay this car off by end of the year..... (a whole 24 months BEFORE my loan is due)
yeah, but you have an odd case since you've got an h23 jus sitting around....we're assuming this is someone w/ a 6gen f23 and wants to slap a turbo and go...

·
Registered
58 Posts
just insert a fu*king 3000 $ turbo on a F23

will get you 100 Whp more ,

total power of your car will be 260 whp

you will be able to slap all v6 asses

and you may be able to run with some v8 like most shit Ford V8 cars and chrysler ,,, and guess what you will beat some BMW over priced cars
.. hehe ,,, enough talk

end of story

buy this one from this site
http://www.turbo-kits.com/accord_turbo_kits.html

if you can't buy it , don't sawp your engine

·
Registered
164 Posts
gettin a h22's not that cheap for me.
getting everything u need...everything....might run u around 2000.
i dont kno how to do a motor swap so i wouldnt have the honor to do it myself, cost.....1500-2000
i kno, im close with 2 guys who own shops and ive already heard the prices.
one guy had a Lude with a h23, got a h22 swap, ran him 4500 total.
because he brought the motor, and everything need for teh swap for his car, but some things had to be replace.
so i rather take half that price, and either go nitrous or turbo, nitrous in my case.
thats just me

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
wow....they totally ripped your friend w/ the lude off.....it shoudln't have cost more than $300 in $300 out and maybe $200 to wire up the vtec.....so that on top of the motor is about $2600 for the full swap....which is about what everyon charges now a days around here in cali.

sohcspeed said:
gettin a h22's not that cheap for me.
getting everything u need...everything....might run u around 2000.
i dont kno how to do a motor swap so i wouldnt have the honor to do it myself, cost.....1500-2000
i kno, im close with 2 guys who own shops and ive already heard the prices.
one guy had a Lude with a h23, got a h22 swap, ran him 4500 total.
because he brought the motor, and everything need for teh swap for his car, but some things had to be replace.
so i rather take half that price, and either go nitrous or turbo, nitrous in my case.
thats just me

·
Registered
396 Posts
This argument gets really old. It's been shown by a few people that pulling h22 times is cheaper if you just mod the f22. The potential some of you speak of in regards to the h22 will never be reached by almost anyone on here because most people don't have the money to mod the car to that point where dohc, r/s ratio ect would make a big difference. By the time you reached that point the h22 tranny would be a complete pain in the ass because of it's gearing and you would most likely be getting slower times in the quarter mile because of it. For the price of an h22 you can completely build your engine for a turbo and then another two grand or so will get you all set up with a turbo and you could safely run 15 psi or so with a built engine. I've spent ~ $1800 on performance parts for my accord and I'm running in the 14's. The main thing people seem to have a problem with is driving their cars. I pulled a low 16 stock where as most people are running high 16's to 17's. Regardless of the money in my case it was much better to mod my current engine because I have learned so much that I would have never learned if I just dropped a more powerful engine in my car. H22 isn't for everyone and neither is the f22. Just make sure you know where you want to go with it before you make any huge purchases.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
willrasmussen said:
most likely be getting slower times in the quarter mile
i've said it before......if you're dragging your accord, you have the wrong car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah, but think about what you are saying. Dragging any fwd car is the wrong car. Dragging a car with such a small displacement engine is the wrong car. We all know there are better cars/ engines for it we just work with what we have for whatever reasons.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
willrasmussen said:
Yeah, but think about what you are saying. Dragging any fwd car is the wrong car. Dragging a car with such a small displacement engine is the wrong car. We all know there are better cars/ engines for it we just work with what we have for whatever reasons.
Why is a FWD car wrong for dragging? A greater percentage of
the car's weight is usually in front, which would help, right?
Which Accords come with manuals? Besides the new ones,
which are out of my price range.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts