Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
BlueBallz said:
Why is a FWD car wrong for dragging? A greater percentage of
the car's weight is usually in front, which would help, right?
Which Accords come with manuals? Besides the new ones,
which are out of my price range.
because physics demands that the shift of weight will be biased onto the rear of the car when accelerating.

all accords have manual transmissions except the older av6's

·
Registered
404 Posts
willrasmussen said:
Yeah, but think about what you are saying. Dragging any fwd car is the wrong car. Dragging a car with such a small displacement engine is the wrong car. We all know there are better cars/ engines for it we just work with what we have for whatever reasons.
Agreed. It is people that don't go with the conventions are the ones that pioneer trends and brings personality to this import sport/racing/business scene. People give me crap for having an auto Accord and ask me why I even bother modifying my car for performance. The base that I am working with may not be the best but my goal is to prove the non-believers wrong. Pushing 14's in a RSX-S may not be all that impressive but a 14 second 4-cyl single cam auto Accord may raise an eyebrow for some people.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Drag-On said:
Agreed. It is people that don't go with the conventions are the ones that pioneer trends and brings personality to this import sport/racing/business scene. People give me crap for having an auto Accord and ask me why I even bother modifying my car for performance. The base that I am working with may not be the best but my goal is to prove the non-believers wrong. Pushing 14's in a RSX-S may not be all that impressive but a 14 second 4-cyl single cam auto Accord may raise an eyebrow for some people.
exactly... can you imagine the hardships that people went through when modding Honda's first began? The aftermarket of Honda parts was ZILCH once upon a time... if it weren't for people not listening to all the meatheads saying, "it's not worth it" or "that's such a waste of time" then a lot of people wouldn't have the benefit of sitting on their pre fabricated perches knocking down original ideas that they would never have the cajones to try...

DOHC people seem to be very snobbish IMO...

I posit that people need to be aware of the hardships that they will face on a particular path but it sure seems like some people go out of their way to impose their opinions on others to the point of saying that it'd never be worth it or even making them feel bad or stupid...

I guess some people are really terrified of custom work and only buy prefabbed/drop in/bolt-on parts because of that...

Words to live by: Don't knock the next man's hustle...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Clutch, flywheel, cam, some bolt ons, open exhaust (test pipe) ... that price is including installation on some of the stuff I didn't do myself. That's exactly what I was trying to say. For whatever reasons we have what we have. I didn't necessarily get my car to be different, but it's what I have and it grew on me and I'm not going to sell it. I'm just going to work with what I have and get what I can out of it. I don't think it would be very fun if everyone in the world fixed up the same car.... I just don't think people should be discouraged by what they have or feel they need to follow the crowd or do what is easiest. After all it is your car ... you should be proud of it whatever you have.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Me I hate my accord as hell even if it's 2004

I want this babe insted

Engines & Emissions
· 5.7-Liter, LS6 V8, 16-Valve, OHV, SEFI Engine, Front Mounted With Horsepower Of [email protected], Torque Of [email protected], Alloy Block Cylinder Heads

Transmission
· 6-Speed Manual Transmission With Overdrive

holy shit this car cost $49,300 :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Drag-On said:
preach on drag-on. u give hope to our pos auto accords! I NEED NOS DAMNIT!

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Death_Scorpion said:
Me I hate my accord as hell even if it's 2004

I want this babe insted

Engines & Emissions
· 5.7-Liter, LS6 V8, 16-Valve, OHV, SEFI Engine, Front Mounted With Horsepower Of [email protected], Torque Of [email protected], Alloy Block Cylinder Heads

Transmission
· 6-Speed Manual Transmission With Overdrive

holy shit this car cost $49,300 :D
Dude! That is one fucking ugly-ass car! :lol2 No ammount of
HP/TQ can make up for that travesty of design incompetence!
You can find better for $50,000.00, especially used. G-35 with
MAX options, what's that go for?

·
Registered
404 Posts
skyman97 said:
Actually, try to get a engine damper can make your car accelerate a bit faster if you really want to drag it.

Honestly, what I think is that Honda's car are really not good at drag. But, HANDLING is their advantage.
I like these. I should customize one after I swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to disagree with you on this one. SOHC means Single and DOHC means dual overhead cams.

Also, the cam lobes can be agressive for both SOHC and DOHC. I see no reason why they cant be the same. Think harder about why DOHC has an advantage over SOHC and get back to us on this one. (If you still cant figure it out, I'll tell you)
Dude you can’t even compare sohc and dohc?!? Do u even know how vtec engines work? You make absolutely no sense. The issue has nothing to do with lobes being aggressive or not lol… it’s a f*cking vtec Honda. Vtec is a design by Honda when a vtec engine runs normal it’s on only 1 sohc. The second cam is for racing/speed and when your engine revs to a certain point(like 3800-4500rpms). So the moment you rev up to around 4 grand you will feel and hear the 2nd cam kick in and pull like crazy. It’s not like 2 overhead cams are running both together at all times, so aggressive lobes on one or the other won’t equal out the two types of engines in how much power they produce.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got an F22 on a 91 lx which means I started at 125 horsepower. I've got a holed-out cat, muffler, cai, header, aem pullies and I've advanced my timing by 3 degrees and I run 93 octane fuel. On top of all this I've got a heavy soundsystem in the trunk.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts